Today I am showing you How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Not Working on Roku devices.
If you’re trying to watch Amazon Prime Video on your Roku and it’s not working, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
First, make sure that you have the latest version of the Amazon Prime Video app installed on your Roku. If you don’t have the latest version, try updating the app and see if that fixes the problem.
If the Amazon Prime Video app is up to date but you’re still having trouble, try restarting your Roku. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
If you’re still having trouble, contact Roku customer support for help.
If Prime Video is not Working on Roku, Check your internet connection, Power Cycle your Roku Device, disable VPN services, Update your Roku, Uninstall Prime Video and Re-add to Roku, Check Amazon Prime Video Servers, and Factory Reset Roku.
- How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Not Working On Samsung TV
- Amazon Prime Video Not Working on Apple TV
- Amazon Fire Stick Remote Not Working: Fix Within a Minutes
- Prime Video not Working on Firestick
Prime Video Not Working on Roku | Quick Fix In Seconds
If you are having trouble streaming Prime Video on your Roku device, there are a few steps you can take to fix the issue.
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection.
Your network connection may also be the cause of Roku Prime Video not working issues. The problem with Prime Video is caused by slow or unstable internet connections.
Check your network’s bandwidth by performing a speed test using Speedtest.net.
You should restart your router if the result indicates that the issue with your network is causing the issue.
Once that has been performed, you can run another test to make sure everything is now reaching the indicated speed in your monthly plan. If your network is running slowly, ask your provider to resolve the issue.
Amazon Prime Video also requires at least a 5-10 Mbps connection for smooth outages. Upgrade your plan if you are below the necessary bandwidth to avoid further inconveniences in the future.
Fix 2: Power Cycle your Roku Device
- First, Unplug your Roku.
- Keep pressing the power button for 10-20 seconds on the Roku remote.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router.
- You need to wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Connect your router and allow it to turn on completely.
- You can now turn on your Roku.
Fix 3: Disable VPN Services
When streaming movies over VPNs such as Prime Video, Paramount+, HBO Max, and Hulu, there is a possibility that the VPN will interfere. A VPN allows you to bypass restrictions imposed by your ISP or other platforms on your network and protects your privacy.
The Amazon Prime service does not support VPNs because they mask your IP address, and there is geo-restricted content available.
However, there are some VPNs that work inefficiently and can cause network slowdowns, especially if you connect to a slow server.
Fix 4: Update your Roku
On Roku, Prime Video crashed due to a bug. Fortunately, the issue has been fixed with the most recent update for Roku. You may need to update the software of your Roku device manually if your prime video not working on Roku. Follow the steps below for how to do so.
- Click the settings icon on the home screen.
- Select the system by scrolling down.
- Choose the system update option.
- Click on check now to update your Roku.
- then, Restart your Roku device.
Check if Amazon Prime Video is still working after installing the new Roku software.
Fix 5: Uninstall Prime Video and Re-add to Roku
Prime video won’t load on Roku when deleted and re-added helped many users fix this issue. Here is the process of deleting and adding prime video to your Roku device.
- Find the Prime Video on your home screen.
- By pressing *, you can remove a channel.
- Go to settings > select system > restart the system.
- Restart the Roku and add Prime Video again.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime Video account.
Fix 6: Check Amazon Prime Video Servers
The content delivered to Prime Video’s users is primarily provided by Prime Video’s servers. If the prime video not loading on the Roku issue and Keeps Kicking me Out messages on the platform, it could mean that Amazon Prime Video servers are down.
It is possible to confirm this by visiting third-party sites like Downdetector, which provide information about the current status of Prime Video’s servers and past problems it has faced.
As long as Prime Video’s servers are down, all you can do is wait. You can’t fix any server-related problems yourself.
Fix 7: Log out and Re-login to Your Amazon Prime Account
- Go to the Home screen of the Prime Video app, select “Settings” > “Sign out“.
- If you want to sign out of Prime Video, select “Sign out“.
- You’ll be prompted again if you want to sign out. Select “OK”
- Now from the Home screen, choose “Sign in“, and proceed with logging in with your account.
Fix 8: Factory Reset Roku
Step 1: Press the Home button on your Roku remote
Step 2: Then go to Settings
Step 3: Next, select System
Step 4: Then go to Advanced system settings
Step 5: Next, select Factory reset
Step 6: Then enter the code on your screen and select OK
Step 7: Finally, select Start factory reset
Fix 9: Contact Prime Video Support
You’re still Prime Video not working. Getting in touch with prime video directly may help you fix this issue. Contact prime video and they will resolve your issue. They will fix the prime video app not working on your Roku device.