Amazon Prime Video not working on Samsung TV is a problem encountered by many Amazon Prime Video subscribers. Think about the time when you try to watch the newest show on Amazon prime, but the video simply does not load.
In most cases, this occurs because the smart tv has limited RAM. In spite of the fact that most smart TVs lack enough ram, they are arguably smart TVs. It happens because long-term usage results in messy things like the Prime Video app not working. Furthermore, when I turn off the Samsung smart tv, I don’t completely turn it off, but rather it goes into standby mode.
That’s why after some time it may cause your Samsung smart tv to stop working with Prime Video. We will learn some of the most basic troubleshooting tips so you can fix if Amazon prime video not working on Smart TV.
How to Fix Prime Video App Not Working on Samsung TV
Amazon Prime Video isn’t working for some Samsung Smart TV users. Users who used to be able to access Prime Video but are no longer able to do so have reported the issue.
Solution 1: Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
The problem may be caused by a temporary glitch or a corrupted cache. In order to fix that, you can follow the steps below to do a cold boot and Hard reset on your Samsung smart TV.
1. Cold boot Samsung TV
Keep holding the power button on your Samsung TV remote for five to ten seconds. Afterwards, your TV will restart, and you can launch the Prime Video app to check if you can watch or not.
2. Hard Reset Samsung smart tv
Here’s what you need to do:
- Disconnect your smart tv and router from the power source.
- Now, wait for five to ten minutes.
- First, make sure your router is turned on completely.
- You can now turn on your smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet via WiFi.
Try launching Prime Video again and see if there are any issues with it.
Also Read: How to Fix Vizio Tv Watchfree Not Working
Solution 2: Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV
Try doing a power cycle to fix the problem after your Samsung television failed to start after a cold boot. Amazon prime video not working on Samsung TV can be resolved by doing this.
- Remove the Samsung tv and router power plugs.
- Connect the devices after a moment and let them boot.
- Now you need to connect your device to your WiFi network.
- See if your Samsung TV works properly with Amazon Prime Video.
Solution 3: Deregister your Device
Many Samsung TV users have reported being able to fix prime video problems by de-registering the device. Here are the steps for deregistering your device:
- Visit the Prime Video home page.
- Next, click on Settings.
- Choose “deregister your device” here.
- Click on deregister device and select ok for confirmation.
- Enter your login details in Prime Video.
Check if Prime video can be accessed on your Samsung TV after reregistering your device.
Solution 4: Update Prime Video App
Prime Video App not working on Samsung TV can be fixed by updating your Prime Video to the latest version.
Please follow the steps below to update Amazon Prime Video:
- On your Samsung TV, go to the home screen.
- Select your apps.
- Go to the top right side of the screen and select the settings (gear icon).
- Then click the updates tab.
- Find Prime Video and update it.
If Prime Video does not work after updating, you will need to reboot it. There are some people who are unable to update Prime Video due to an unsupported version error. Prime Video is unable to update because Samsung’s memory is full on your tv.
Solution 5: Update your Samsung TV
Your Samsung smart TV software may be out of date if you haven’t updated it for a long time. If you want to ensure prime video works properly, try updating your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on the Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings by pressing the left arrow key
- Scroll down and select the support option.
- To update the software, select the software update option and press ok (if it is greyed out, then flip to TV mode and select software update.)
- To update your software, select update now.
Upon finishing the update, you may check if the Prime Video is working or not.
Solution 6: Reset your Samsung Network
After resetting the network settings on your Samsung smart TV, some users reported that they could watch prime videos on their Samsung TV. To reset the network settings, simply follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung remote, press the home button.
- Click on Settings>General>select Network, then tap OK.
- Click on Reset Network, then select Yes.
- If you selected a wired or wireless network during the reset, choose Network Settings and click Ok.
- Select your network name and enter your password.
Once your Samsung smart TV is connected to your network, check if you can watch Prime Video.
Hard Reset your Samsung TV
The next step is to perform a factory reset if none of the previous methods worked. Fixing this issue will help your TV.
- First, press the Samsung menu button.
- Then press enter to open the support option.
- Click on “Self-diagnosis” and press enter. Then select “Reset” and press enter.
- Your security pin is 0000 or the default pin is 0000. You may also need to confirm it by clicking yes.
It will take a while for your TV to reset if you press any other key while factory resetting it. In your Samsung smart TV, install prime video and log in with your account after the reset is complete. Now check if that fixed the prime video not working on Samsung TV issue. In case you come up with another fix, please do let the world know in the comment box. If you found this useful, please also check how to fix Amazon Prime Video Keeps Kicking me Out.
How do I update my prime video on my Samsung TV?
Please follow the steps below to update Amazon Prime Video:
1.On your Samsung TV, go to the home screen.
2.Select your apps.
3.Go to the top right side of the screen and select the settings (gear icon).
4.Then click the updates tab.
5.Find Prime Video and update it.
Why is my Amazon Prime video not working?
You might try restarting your device, and if you still experience issues, you might want to clear the app data. Settings -> Apps -> Amazon Video -> Tap Clear Data and click OK. While you may need to sign in again, this can fix many problems with Android Prime Video.