If you’re trying to watch Disney Plus on your Samsung smart TV and it’s not working, you’re not alone. A number of users have reported that they’re unable to get the streaming service to work on their Samsung TVs. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the possible reasons why Disney Plus isn’t working on Samsung TVs and what you can do to fix the problem.
In case of Disney Plus Stopped working on Samsung TV, try clearing the cache in the app, resetting the Smart Hub, verifying that you have a TV model that supports the application, resetting your internet, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or closing out of the app and power cycling your TV.
Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung Smart TV 2022
If Disney Plus is not working on your Samsung TV, you need to power-cycle your TV. Unplug your TV from the wall and wait a FULL 60 seconds. While you wait, press and hold the power button on the TV for 30 seconds. After the minute is up, plug your TV back in.
How to Fix Disney Plus App Not Working on Samsung TV [Black Screen]
If you’re trying to use the Disney Plus app on your Samsung TV and it’s not working, don’t worry! There are a few simple steps you can take to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Check your Wi-Fi router and Reset Your Internet
Your network connection may also be the cause of Disney Plus connection errors. The ‘Black Screent’ error message on Disney+ is caused by slow or unstable internet connections.
Check your network’s bandwidth by performing a speed test using Speedtest.net.
You should restart your router if the result indicates that the issue with your network is causing the issue.
Once that has been performed, you can run another test to make sure everything is now reaching the indicated speed in your monthly plan. If your network is running slowly, ask your provider to resolve the issue.
Disney Plus also requires at least a 5 Mbps connection for smooth outages. Upgrade your plan if you are below the necessary bandwidth to avoid further inconveniences in the future.
- How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Not Working On Samsung TV
- Easy to Fix ESPN Plus Not Working on Samsung TV / Roku / Firestick
- Paramount Plus App not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- WWE Network not Working on Samsung Smart TV
Solution 2: Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
The problem may be caused by a temporary glitch or a corrupted cache. In order to fix that, you can follow the steps below to do a cold boot and Hard reset on your Samsung smart TV.
1. Cold boot Samsung TV
Keep holding the power button on your Samsung TV remote for 5 to10 seconds. Afterward, your TV will restart, and you can launch the Disney Plus app to check if you can watch or not.
2. Hard Reset Samsung Smart TV
Here’s what you need to do:
- Disconnect your smart tv and router from the power source.
- Now, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- First, make sure your router is turned on completely.
- You can now turn on your smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet via WiFi.
Try launching Disney App again and see if there are any issues with it.
Solution 3: Power Cycle your Smart TV
You may be able to fix the Disney plus not working issue with the power cycle of your smart TV. Most smart tv models are fixed with this solution, and Disney is no longer an issue.
- To turn off the smart tv, unplug it and press the power button for 10 seconds.
- Now, disconnect your router and wait for 1 minute.
- First, you need to turn on your router.
- Once the router is fully up and running, plug in and turn on your smart TV.
- Then launch Disney Plus on your TV to see if it is working or not.
You can fix the Disney not working problem by using this method. In case the problem persists, you can try the other solutions below.
Solution 4: Check Disney Plus Servers Status
If Disney not working on Smart TV, you should check the status of its servers first. This can be done with tools like Downdetector, a third-party service.
Until Disney Plus resolves the issue on its end, it is best to wait until the servers are up and running again.
If, however, nothing is wrong with Disney Plus’s servers, proceed to the following method.
- How to Fix a Samsung TV Mode Not Supported Error
- How to fix Samsung TV Network Error Code 012
- Samsung TV input Source Not Working? Here’s Easy Fix
Solution 5: Reinstall Disney+ App on Samsung TV
If you are experiencing problems with your Disney+ app not working on Samsung smart tv, reinstalling app it may solve the problem. So, here is a guide on how to reinstall Disney+ on Samsung TV.
For Samsung Smart TV
- Go to your Samsung TV’s apps.
- From the top right corner of the screen, select the gear icon (settings).
- To delete a Disney+ app, select it and choose delete.
- Once the Disney+ app has been deleted, reboot your smart TV.
- Install the Disney+ app again on your smart TV.
Disney Plus will now work on your smart tv after reinstalling it.
Solution 6: Update your Samsung TV
Your Samsung smart TV software may be out of date if you haven’t updated it for a long time. If you want to ensure Disney+ works properly, try updating your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on the Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings by pressing the left arrow key
- Scroll down and select the support option.
- To update the software, select the software update option and press ok (if it is greyed out, then flip to TV mode and select software update.)
- To update your software, select update now.
Upon finishing the update, you may check if the Disney Plus is working or not.
Solution 7: Reset Samsung Smart Hub
According to many Samsung smart tv users, resetting the Samsung smart hub fixed Disney plus not working issue. Following these steps will help you reset Samsung smart tv for Disney+ to work again.
- On your Samsung smart TV, go to Settings.
- Click on support.
- Select the self-diagnosis option.
- Go to the smart hub and select Reset.
Once the smart hub has been reset, launch Disney Plus to see if it is functioning correctly or not.
Solution 8: Reset your Samsung Network
After resetting the network settings on your Samsung smart TV, some users reported that they could watch Disney Plus on their Samsung TV. To reset the network settings, simply follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung remote, press the home button.
- Click on Settings>General>select Network, then tap OK.
- Click on Reset Network, then select Yes.
- If you selected a wired or wireless network during the reset, choose Network Settings and click Ok.
- Select your network name and enter your password.
Once your Samsung smart TV is connected to your network, check if you can watch Disney+.
Solution 9: Hard Reset your Samsung TV
The next step is to perform a factory reset if none of the previous methods worked. Fixing this issue will help your TV.
- First, press the Samsung menu button.
- Then press enter to open the support option.
- Click on “Self-diagnosis” and press enter. Then select “Reset” and press enter.
- Your security pin is 0000 or the default pin is 0000. You may also need to confirm it by clicking Yes.
We hope this article has helped you identify the reason why the Disney Plus app not working on your Samsung Smart TV. If you have any further questions or need our help with your Samsung Smart TV, please feel free to leave a comment below, or contact us using the link at the bottom right side of this page.