There is no doubt that ESPN Plus is popular among sports fans, especially among UFC fans. ESPN plus Apps is available for smart tv and mobile devices. Despite this, ESPN Plus also has issued similar to other streaming services. There is a common problem, ESPN + not working, which affects all platforms. ESPN plus not working is caused of outages, glitches, slow Internet connections, or corrupted caches and data. The ESPN problem can be easily resolved if no outage occurs.
Today, I’m going to write a post that will give you some suggestions on how to fix ESPN Plus not working or black screen issues on Samsung TV, Firestick, and Roku.
Check out our post on How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
What is the solution to ESPN Plus not Working?
below, you will see simple steps to follow to fix ESPN not working on Samsung smart TV.
Solution 1: Check your internet connection
You should check your internet connection before you attempt any steps.
Open another app like YouTube on your device to see if it’s working. Try streaming a video from your device to see if it is connected to the internet.
You can also check your connection speed at speedtest.net. The following information can help you determine if ESPN is not working because your internet connection is slow.
If your connection is slow, you can move your WiFi device closer to your streaming device. Using an Ethernet cable will also speed up your internet connection.
You can contact your internet service provider for assistance if you are still having problems with slow internet speed.
Solution 2: Check for ESPN Server/outage
ESPN plus not working issue may be caused by a problem with the ESPN server. Visit downdetector to see if ESPN plus is down or not. The problem can be found there if it is related to ESPN. Check out ESPN plus’s Twitter account for updates on outages. Follow ESPN plus on Twitter to find out what people are saying about the service. There are people who report outages on Twitter if the issue is widespread.
Fix ESPN plus not working on Samsung smart tv (Roku, fire tv, Samsung, etc)
Solution 1: Power cycle your smart tv
You may be able to fix the ESPN plus not working issue with a power cycle of your smart TV. Most smart tv models are fixed with this solution, and ESPN is no longer an issue.
- To turn off the smart tv, unplug it and press the power button for 10 seconds.
- Now, disconnect your router and wait for ten to fifteen minutes.
- First, you need to turn on your router.
- Once the router is fully up and running, plug in and turn on your smart TV.
- Then launch ESPN Plus on your TV to see if it is working or not.
You can fix the ESPN not working problem by using this method. In case the problem persists, you can try the other solutions below.
Solution 2: Reinstall ESPN app on Samsung smart tv and Roku
If you are experiencing problems with your ESPN app not working on Samsung and Roku smart tv, reinstalling app it may solve the problem. So, here is a guide on how to reinstall ESPN on Samsung and Roku TVs.
For Roku TV
- Open your Roku’s home screen.
- Click on the ESPN app.
- On your Roku remote, press the * button.
- Now click on remove channel.
- You need to restart your Roku.
- Search for ESPN+ on your Roku and install it.
For Samsung Smart TV
- Go to your Samsung TV’s apps.
- From the top right corner of the screen, select the gear icon (settings).
- To delete an ESPN app, select it and choose delete.
- Once the ESPN app has been deleted, reboot your smart TV.
- Install the ESPN app again on your smart TV.
ESPN plus will now work on your smart tv after reinstalling it.
Solution 3: Reset Samsung Smart hub Settings
According to many Samsung smart tv users, resetting the Samsung smart hub fixed ESPN plus not working. Following these steps will help you reset Samsung smart tv for ESPN+ to work again.
- On your Samsung smart TV, go to Settings.
- Click on support.
- Select the self-diagnosis option.
- Go to the smart hub and select Reset.
Once the smart hub has been reset, launch ESPN Plus to see if it is functioning correctly or not.
Clear ESPN + cache on firetv/ firestick
You can fix the problem by clearing ESPN+ cached data and force-stopping the app. Here are the steps you can take to clear your ESPN + cache on a firestick or fire tv.
- Select the settings icon on the home screen.
- Select the application from the list.
- Manage installed applications can be found by scrolling down.
- Choose ESPN + from the list.
- Next, select Force Stop, clear cache, and then clear data.
- Open the ESPN + app and see if you can stream your favorite sport on your firestick/fire tv.
How to Fix ESPN + not working on your Android Devices
You can fix this problem by clearing the cache of your ESPN plus app on your Android device. Follow these steps to clear the cache on your Android device.
- Click on the settings menu.
- Next, click on Apps & Notifications.
- Click on all apps.
- You will find ESPN in the list.
- Now tap on the clear cache and data button.
Once you’ve cleared your cache and data, launch the ESPN app and log in. Check if ESPN plus app works properly or not.
Reinstall ESPN Plus App on your iOS and Android device
Your ESPN app is not working on your iOS or Android device. then You may be able to fix this problem by reinstalling the app on your device. Then simply delete ESPN plus from your phone or iOS device. Then restart your smartphone. On your mobile device, install the latest version of the ESPN app by visiting the app store or play store. Check if your Android or iOS device is capable of streaming ESPN plus.
If you’re still having trouble, contact ESPN + team for assistance. The ESPN Plus team can assist you in resolving or understanding the situation. For more information about ESPN plus, visit https://help.espnplus.com/espnplus_hc