If you’re a Samsung TV owner and use the Facebook Watch app on your TV, then this article is for you. Here discusses why there is a problem with the Facebook Watch App not working on Samsung Smart TV.
In case of Facebook Watch App Stopped working on Samsung TV, try clearing the cache in the app, resetting the Smart Hub, verifying that you have a TV model that supports the application, resetting your internet, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or closing out of the app and power cycling your TV.
Why Facebook Watch App not Working on Samsung TV?
The Facebook Watch app not working on TV. The app does not open, and the TV screen displays a message that says “the app is not available.”
There are 3 possible reasons for this issue:
1. The Facebook Watch App might not be compatible with the Samsung Smart TV.
2. The Facebook Watch App might be blocked by the Samsung Smart TV.
3. The app is not available on the Samsung Smart Hub.
- How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Not Working On Samsung TV
- Easy to Fix ESPN Plus Not Working on Samsung TV / Roku / Firestick
- Paramount Plus App not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- WWE Network not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
How to Fix Facebook Watch Not Working on Samsung TV/Android TV
Facebook Watch is a streaming service that is free to use and available for many devices. However, some users have reported experiencing problems with the app when trying to watch videos on their Samsung Smart TV.
In this article, we will see the steps to fix Facebook Watch App not working on Samsung Smart TV and Android TV.
Solution 1: Check your Wi-Fi router and Reset Your Internet
Your network connection may also be the cause of Facebook watch video not playing errors. The ‘Black Screen’ error message on FB Watch is caused by slow or unstable internet connections.
To do this, unplug your router, wait for 30 seconds, and plug it back in. Once this has been done, connect your Samsung smart TV to your router and try to access Facebook Watch again. That should fix any connection lag issue and the FB Watch app should start working on your Samsung TV.
Check your network’s bandwidth by performing a speed test using Speedtest.net.
You should restart your router if the result indicates that the issue with your network is causing the issue.
Once that has been performed, you can run another test to make sure everything is now reaching the indicated speed in your monthly plan. If your network is running slowly, ask your provider to resolve the issue.
Facebook Watch also requires at least a 5 Mbps connection for smooth outages. Upgrade your plan if you are below the necessary bandwidth to avoid further inconveniences in the future.
Solution 2: Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
The problem may be caused by a temporary glitch or a corrupted cache. In order to fix that, you can follow the steps below to do a cold boot and Hard reset on your Samsung smart TV.
1. Cold boot Samsung TV
Keep holding the power button on your Samsung TV remote for 5 to 10 seconds. Afterward, your TV will restart, and you can launch the Facebook Watch app to check if you can watch or not.
2. Hard Reset Samsung Smart TV
Here’s what you need to do:
- Disconnect your smart tv and router from the power source.
- Now, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- First, make sure your router is turned on completely.
- You can now turn on your smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet via WiFi.
Try launching Facebook Watch App again and see if there are any issues with it.
Solution 3: Power Cycle your Smart TV
You may be able to fix the Facebook Watch not working issue with the power cycle of your smart TV. Most smart tv models are fixed with this solution, and Facebook Watch is no longer an issue.
- To turn off the smart tv, unplug it and press the power button for 10 seconds.
- Now, disconnect your router and wait for 1 minute.
- First, you need to turn on your router.
- Once the router is fully up and running, plug in and turn on your smart TV.
- Then launch Facebook Watch on your TV to see if it is working or not.
You can fix the Facebook Watch not working problem by using this method. In case the problem persists, you can try the other solutions below.
Solution 4: Check Facebook Watch Servers Status
If Facebook Watch not working on Smart TV, you should check the status of its servers first. This can be done with tools like Downdetector, a third-party service.
Until Facebook Watch resolves the issue on its end, it is best to wait until the servers are up and running again.
If, however, nothing is wrong with Facebook Watch’s servers, proceed to the following method.
- How to Fix a Samsung TV Mode Not Supported Error
- How to fix Samsung TV Network Error Code 012
- Samsung TV input Source Not Working? Here’s Easy Fix
Solution 5: Reinstall Facebook Watch App on Samsung TV
If you are experiencing problems with your Facebook Watch app not working on Samsung smart tv, reinstalling app it may solve the problem. So, here is a guide on how to reinstall Facebook Watch on Samsung TV.
For Samsung Smart TV
- Go to your Samsung TV apps.
- From the top right corner of the screen, select the gear icon (settings).
- To delete a Facebook Watch app, select it and choose delete.
- Once the Facebook Watch app has been deleted, reboot your smart TV.
- Install the Facebook Watch app again on your smart TV.
Facebook Watch will now work on your smart tv after reinstalling it.
Solution 6: Update your Samsung TV
Your Samsung smart TV software may be out of date if you haven’t updated it for a long time. If you want to ensure Facebook Watch works properly, try updating your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on the Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings by pressing the left arrow key
- Scroll down and select the support option.
- To update the software, select the software update option and press ok (if it is greyed out, then flip to TV mode and select software update.)
- To update your software, select update now.
Upon finishing the update, you may check if the Facebook Watch is working or not.
Solution 7: Reset Samsung Smart Hub
According to many Samsung smart tv users, resetting the Samsung smart hub fixed Facebook Watch not working issue. Following these steps will help you reset your Samsung smart tv for Facebook Watch to work again.
- On your Samsung smart TV, go to Settings.
- Click on support.
- Select the self-diagnosis option.
- Go to the smart hub and select Reset.
Once the smart hub has been reset, launch Facebook Watch to see if it is functioning correctly or not.
Solution 8: Reset your Samsung Network
After resetting the network settings on your Samsung smart TV, some users reported that they could watch Facebook Watch on their Samsung TV. To reset the network settings, follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung remote, press the home button.
- Click on Settings>General>select Network, then tap OK.
- Click on Reset Network, then select Yes.
- If you selected a wired or wireless network during the reset, choose Network Settings and click Ok.
- Select your network name and enter your password.
Once your Samsung smart TV is connected to your network, check if you can watch Facebook Watch.
Solution 9: Hard Reset your Samsung TV
The next step is to perform a factory reset if none of the previous methods worked. Fixing this issue will help your TV.
- First, press the Samsung menu button.
- Then press enter to open the support option.
- Click on “Self-diagnosis” and press enter. Then select “Reset” and press enters.
- Your security pin is 0000 or the default pin is 0000. You may also need to confirm it by clicking Yes.
We hope this article helped you fix the Facebook Watch App not working on your Samsung Smart TV. If it didn’t, please let us know in the comments below so we can help you further. And, as always, don’t forget to like, share, and follow us for more helpful articles like this one!
Why is Facebook Watch not Working on TV?
There could be several reasons why Facebook Watch is not working on your TV. It could be due to compatibility issues, network connectivity problems, or outdated software. It is best to check if your TV and Facebook Watch app are updated to their latest versions and ensure that your internet connection is stable.