Fix Connections to Bluetooth Audio Devices and Wireless Displays in Windows 10: If you recently installed Windows 10 or an update and found that your Bluetooth Audio Devices and Wireless Displays are not connected, here are some possible solutions to fix your problem.
Suggestions include Miracast devices, Bluetooth audio devices, WiGig devices, and PCs. Typically, the Contact button in the action center should start the connection process, but if it doesn’t, try this troubleshooting.
- MiraCast Devices: it is a technology that allows the transfer of audio and video between two devices through WiFi, the technology is based on WiFi Direct, being able to create networks between different devices.
- Bluetooth Audio: logically we refer to any device that is intended to reproduce only audio (without necessary image) and through a Bluetooth connection instead of those based on WiFi.
- WiGig Devices: when we refer to these devices, these are products that have support for WiGig technology, which is basically a new WiFi standard that allows us to reach connections much higher than those we are used to.
- Equipment: when we want to connect to a computer itself to control it, we can use MiraCast technology, which simplifies many aspects for this specific case.
Solution 1: Troubleshooting Miracast Devices:
For this particular case, what we must do is simply press the “Connect” button, but when the device in question does not appear in the list of connected devices in the Activity Center, what we will have to do is the following:
- Check that this device really supports Miracast technology.
- Check that the WiFi connection is activated on the computer and that it is also working correctly.
- If the screen you want to connect to does not support Miracast, what you should do is opt for an adapter device known as a “dongle” that connects through the HDMI port.
- Verify that your PC’s drivers are completely and properly updated. Also, check that the device firmware is up to date.
- Restart both your PC and the device you want to connect to.
- Delete the device and add it again, for this go to “Start” -> “Settings” -> “Devices” -> “Bluetooth and other devices“, then go to the screens and wireless bases section, look for the one that is causing problems, choose it and “Remove device”.
Solution 2: Troubleshooting Bluetooth Audio Devices
Once you have verified that your device does not appear in the list of devices in your Action Center, what you can do is the following:
- Check through the Activity Center and see if your computer really supports Bluetooth connections, you will know because there must be a Bluetooth button in the activity center, make sure you have it activated on your PC or Windows device.
- In case you do not see the Bluetooth option, then try to update your drivers, for this click on “Start” and search for “Device Manager”, from there you must search the list for the Bluetooth component and click on “Update software driver ”, Windows will automatically do the rest if you click on“ Search automatically for updated driver software ”.
- If you have already checked that Bluetooth is activated and working, then try to remove the device from your list, for that go to “Start” search for “Devices” and select “Bluetooth and other devices settings”, from there select the device you are trying to connect to and press “Remove device”.
- Another option is to check that the audio device you are trying to connect has Bluetooth activated (this depends on each device), also make sure that it has a battery in the case of headphones or wireless speakers for example.
Solution 3: Troubleshooting WiGig Device
In this case, the options that we can follow to repair the connection are the following:
- Make sure that our Windows device really supports WiGig technology, and that it is also activated, we do this by going to “Settings” -> “Network and Internet” -> “Airplane mode” if we see the WiGig toggle button, it is because we have, but not.
- Check that the screen to which we want to connect supports this technology, if it does not, you will need to purchase a base with WiGig technology.
Solution 4: Troubleshooting Connections to Equipment
When the intention is to connect to another equipment, the normal thing is to do it through MiraCast technology as we have said, so we recommend you check the section in question that we saw above, in addition:
- Check that the device you are trying to project is configured to be discoverable, you do this by going to “Settings” -> “System” -> “Project on this PC”.
Chances are if all of these tweaks don’t fix the problem, it’s most likely a hardware issue of some kind, so contact the manufacturer to see if they can provide further assistance.