Pluto TV stopped working on my Samsung Smart TV when I was running the free TV app, despite the fact that I knew the Pluto TV app would only work on select Smart TVs.
If Pluto TV does not work on your Samsung Smart TV and your Samsung Smart TV supports the Pluto TV app, read this article to find out how to fix it so that you can enjoy Pluto TV on your Samsung Smart TV.
Pluto TV not working on Samsung Smart TV includes the app freezing, not loading, not showing up on your smart TV, or even crashing on launch.
A report was also made that Pluto TV not working on Hisense TV. This article explains how to fix the Pluto TV app not working on Samsung Smart TVs and Hisense Smart TVs.
Don’t Miss Out: Paramount Plus App not Working on Samsung Smart TV
Pluto TV not Working on Samsung Smart TV [Fixed Under 2 Minutes]
You can use the following procedures to fix the Pluto TV app not opening, freezing, crashing, and not loading (working) on your Samsung smart TV. Hisense users can also use the following instructions.
- Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
- Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV
- Update Pluto TV App
- Update your Samsung TV
- Reset Samsung Smart hub Settings
- Reset your Samsung Network Settings
- Factory Reset your Samsung TV
We will explain above both the Samsung apps not working and Pluto TV not working on your Samsung and Hisense.
Fix 1: Reboot your Samsung Smart TV [Cold & Hard Reset]
The problem may be caused by a temporary glitch or a corrupted cache. In order to fix that, you can follow the steps below to do a cold boot and Hard reset on your Samsung smart TV.
A. Cold boot Samsung TV
Keep holding the power button on your Samsung TV remote for 5 to 10 seconds. Afterward, your TV will restart, and you can launch the Pluto TV app to check if you can watch or not.
B. Hard Reset Samsung Smart TV
Here’s what you need to do:
- Disconnect your smart tv and router from the power source.
- Now, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- First, make sure your router is turned on completely.
- You can now turn on your smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet via WiFi.
Try launching Pluto TV App again and see if there are any issues with it.
Fix 2: Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV
Try doing a power cycle to fix the problem after your Samsung TV failed to start after a cold boot. Pluto TV App not working on Samsung TV can be resolved by doing this.
- Remove the Samsung tv and router power plugs.
- Connect the devices after a moment and let them boot.
- Now you need to connect your device to your WiFi network.
- See if your Samsung TV works properly with Pluto Tv App.
Fix 3: Update Pluto TV App
Pluto TV App not working on Samsung TV can be fixed by updating your Pluto TV App to the latest version.
Please follow the steps below to update Pluto TV App on Samsung Smart TV:
- On your Samsung TV, go to the home screen.
- Select your apps.
- Go to the top right side of the screen and select the settings (gear icon).
- Then click the updates tab.
- Find Pluto TV and update it.
If Pluto TV won’t install and does not work after updating, you will need to reboot it. There are some people who are unable to update Pluto TV due to an unsupported version error. Pluto TV is unable to update because Samsung’s memory is full on your tv.
Fix 4: Update your Samsung TV
Your Samsung smart TV software may be out of date if you haven’t updated it for a long time. If you want to ensure Pluto TV works properly, try updating your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on the Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings by pressing the left arrow key
- Scroll down and select the support option.
- To update the software, select the software update option and press ok (if it is greyed out, then flip to TV mode and select software update.)
- To update your software, select update now.
Upon finishing the update, you may check if the Pluto TV is working or not.
Fix 5: Reset Samsung Smart hub Settings
According to many Samsung smart tv users, resetting the Samsung smart hub fixed Pluto TV not working. Following these steps will help you reset Samsung smart tv for Pluto TV to work again.
- On your Samsung smart TV, go to Settings.
- Click on support.
- Select the self-diagnosis option.
- Go to the smart hub and select Reset.
Once the smart hub has been reset, launch Pluto TV to see if it is functioning correctly or not.
Fix 6: Reset your Samsung Network
After resetting the network settings on your Samsung smart TV, some users reported that they could watch Pluto TV on their Samsung TV. To reset the network settings, simply follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung remote, press the home button.
- Click on Settings>General>select Network, then tap OK.
- Click on Reset Network, then select Yes.
- If you selected a wired or wireless network during the reset, choose Network Settings and click Ok.
- Select your network name and enter your password.
Once your Samsung smart TV is connected to your network, check if you can watch Pluto TV.
Fix 7: Factory Reset your Samsung TV
The next step is to perform a factory reset if none of the previous methods worked. Fixing this issue will help your TV.
- First, press the Samsung menu button.
- Then press enter to open the support option.
- Click on “Self-diagnosis” and press enter. Then select “Reset” and press enter.
- Your security pin is 0000 or the default pin is 0000. You may also need to confirm it by clicking Yes.
We hope that this article has helped you identify the reason why the Pluto TV app is not working on your Samsung Smart TV. If you have any further questions or need our help with your Samsung Smart TV, please feel free to leave a comment below, or contact us using the link at the bottom right side of this page.