Why Prime Video Keeps Kicking me Out while Watching a show or movie? It’s nothing to worry about, this is a very common issue that facing many Prime Video owners.
While watching the video on Prime Video, many users find that they are kicked out of their devices’ home screens.
The issue happens on all major devices like Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Fire Stick, Vizio, iPhone, and Android.
Prime Video will sometimes kick you out because a pending update, a corrupted cache, or other issues will cause the site to malfunction. If the Prime Video server is down, you might run into this issue.
In this post, we’ll show you how to fix Amazon Prime Video keeps kicking me out on your device.
Fix: Prime Video Keeps Kicking me Out
1. Power cycle your smart tv
Your smart TV keeps kicking you out of Prime Video (Roku, TCL, Samsung, Fire TV, LG TV, etc.). Most smart tv owners will be able to resolve the issue with this first fix. A temporary glitch is the reason smart tv owners are unable to access streaming services. If the issue with prime video crashing on your smart TV is resolved with a power cycle of your TV, these glitches will disappear.
- First, Unplug your smart TV.
- Keep pressing the power button for 10-20 seconds on your tv.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router.
- You need to wait for 7-10 minutes.
- Connect your router and allow it to turn on completely.
- You can now turn on your smart TV.
Try relaunching prime video to verify if you are still experiencing the issue.
Must Read: How to Fix Vizio Tv Watchfree Not Working
2. Reinstall Prime Video App
Your Amazon Prime video may keep crashing, bringing you back to the home screen of your device. In order to fix the issue, you might try reinstalling the app. If your prime video is kicking me out problem involves a smart tv or a smartphone, a reinstallation may help you get the problem resolved.
- Uninstall/Delete the prime video app from your device.
- Now it’s time to restart the device.
- Download the latest version of Amazon Prime Video and install it on your device.
- Please log in to your account.
Your device will begin working again once the prime video app has been reinstalled.
Fix: Prime Video Crashing on Firestick or Firetv
1. Clear Cache and Data
It may be necessary to clear the cache and data of prime video if it keeps taking you back to your firestick or TV home screen. If you use a Fire stick or Fire TV, you can follow the steps below to clear the prime video cache and data.
- Go to settings in the home menu.
- Select your apps.
- Select Manage installed applications from the menu.
- Find and select the prime video.
- Then, select force stop.
- Next, select clear data and clear cache.
Try launching Prime Video and recheck if the problem has been resolved on your fire stick.
2. Reset Firestick to Factory Settings
You can usually fix most of the app issues by resetting your firestick to factory settings. Nevertheless, you need to download everything again after the reset. Here are the steps you can follow to fix Prime Video kicks me out on Firestick.
- First, Go to settings.
- Click on Fire TV now.
- Select Reset to factory defaults.
- For confirmation, select reset.
Once the fire stick has been reset, install the latest version of the prime video on your firestick or firetv and see if the issue has been resolved and also check Amazon Prime Video Not Working On Samsung TV.
Fix: Prime Video Keeps Kicking me out on Roku
1. Update your Roku
On Roku, Prime Video crashed due to a bug. Fortunately, the issue has been fixed with the most recent update for Roku. You may need to update the software of your Roku device manually if your prime video keeps kicking you out on Roku. Follow the steps below for how to do so.
- Click the settings icon on the home screen.
- Select the system by scrolling down.
- Choose the system update option.
- Click on check now to update your Roku.
- then, Restart your roku device.
Check if Amazon Prime Video still crashes after installing the new Roku software.
2. Uninstall Prime Video and Re-add to Roku
Prime video keeps kicking out on roku when deleted and re-added helped many users fix this issue. Here is the process of deleting and adding prime video to your Roku device.
- Find the Prime Video on your home screen.
- By pressing *, you can remove a channel.
- Go to settings > select system > restart the system.
- Restart the Roku and add Prime Video again.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime Video account.
You will now be able to use your Roku device normally.
You can try the power cycle method if your smart TV keeps kicking you out of prime video or if you’re using another smart TV. Besides updating your device software, you can also reinstall the prime video app if that doesn’t work.
Fix: Prime Video Keeps Crashing on Android and iPhone
Prime Video is crashing and kicking you out on Android and iPhone device. If that is the case, you can resolve your issue by reinstalling Prime Video.
- Uninstall the Prime Video app on your device.
- Now restart your iPhone and Android device.
- Download the latest version of Prime Video for iPhone and Android.
Make sure the prime video works correctly.
Fix Prime video Keeps Stopping on Android
There are many Android users who go back to the home screen of their android phones after being kicked out of prime video. Apparently they are getting an error message stating that prime video is not working on their Android device. For help with the problem, follow these steps.
- Go to the settings of your Android device.
- You can now select an application.
- Find and tap on prime video.
- Click on ‘storage access’.
- Clear the cache and data of the app.
Try launching Prime Video now and see if the issue is resolved.
Contact Prime Video Support
You’re still getting kicked out of Prime Video. Getting in touch with prime video directly may help you fix this issue. Contact prime video and they will resolve your issue. They will fix prime video crashing on your device.
if you have a solution to this issue then please post it in the comment section and also read ESPN Plus Not Working on Samsung TV / Roku / Firestick 2021.