The Funimation app not working on Samsung Smart TV and the users are facing won’t install issues while using this app on their smart TVs. The main issue with this app is that it’s not working and is not compatible with all the smart TVs of Samsung.
This article will help you to solve this issue and make your App work perfectly fine on your Samsung smart TV.
If the Funimation app is not Working on Samsung Smart TV, check the internet connection, Power cycle your Samsung TV, disable VPN services, Update Funimation app/ TV Firmware, Reset the Router, and Factory Reset Samsung TV.
Funimation App Won’t Install/Not Working on Samsung TV
If you are facing the issue of the Funimation App won’t install/Not Working on Samsung Smart TV then you need to follow these simple steps to fix this issue.
Fix 1: Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
The problem may be caused by a temporary glitch or a corrupted cache. In order to fix that, you can follow the steps below to do a cold boot and Hard reset on your Samsung smart TV.
1. Cold boot Samsung TV
Keep holding the power button on your Samsung TV remote for five to ten seconds. Afterward, your TV will restart, and you can launch the Funimation app to check if you can watch or not.
2. Hard Reset Samsung smart tv
Here’s what you need to do:
- Disconnect your smart tv and router from the power source.
- Now, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- First, make sure your router is turned on completely.
- You can now turn on your smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet via WiFi.
Try launching Funimation App again and see if there are any issues with it.
Must Read: Easy to Fix ESPN Plus Not Working on Samsung TV / Roku / Firestick
Fix 2: Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV
Try doing a power cycle to fix the problem after your Samsung TV failed to start after a cold boot. Funimation App not working on Samsung TV can be resolved by doing this.
- Remove the Samsung tv and router power plugs.
- Connect the devices after a moment and let them boot.
- Now you need to connect your device to your WiFi network.
- See if your Samsung TV works properly with Funimation App.
Fix 3: Deregister your Device
Many Samsung TV users have reported being able to fix Funimation App problems by de-registering the device. Here are the steps for deregistering your device:
- Visit the Funimation App home page.
- Next, click on Settings.
- Choose “deregister your device” here.
- Click on deregister device and select ok for confirmation.
- Enter your login details in the Funimation app.
Check if the Funimation app can be accessed on your Samsung TV after reregistering your device.
Solution 4: Update Funimation Plus App
Funimation Plus App not working on Samsung TV can be fixed by updating your Funimation App to the latest version.
Please follow the steps below to update Funimation App:
- On your Samsung TV, go to the home screen.
- Select your apps.
- Go to the top right side of the screen and select the settings (gear icon).
- Then click the updates tab.
- Find Funimation and update it.
If Funimation App won’t install and does not work after updating, you will need to reboot it. There are some people who are unable to update Funimation due to an unsupported version error. Funimation is unable to update because Samsung’s memory is full on your tv.
Fix 5: Update your Samsung TV
Your Samsung smart TV software may be out of date if you haven’t updated it for a long time. If you want to ensure Funimation Plus works properly, try updating your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on the Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings by pressing the left arrow key
- Scroll down and select the support option.
- To update the software, select the software update option and press ok (if it is greyed out, then flip to TV mode and select software update.)
- To update your software, select update now.
Upon finishing the update, you may check if the Funimation is working or not.
Fix 6: Reset your Samsung Network
After resetting the network settings on your Samsung smart TV, some users reported that they could watch Funimation on their Samsung TVs. To reset the network settings, simply follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung remote, press the home button.
- Click on Settings>General>select Network, then tap OK.
- Click on Reset Network, then select Yes.
- If you selected a wired or wireless network during the reset, choose Network Settings and click Ok.
- Select your network name and enter your password.
Once your Samsung smart TV is connected to your network, check if you can watch Funimation.
Fix 7: Hard Reset your Samsung TV
The next step is to perform a factory reset if none of the previous methods worked. Fixing this issue will help your TV.
- First, press the Samsung menu button.
- Then press enters to open the support option.
- Click on “Self-diagnosis” and press enter. Then select “Reset” and press enter.
- Your security pin is 0000 or the default pin is 0000. You may also need to confirm it by clicking Yes.
We hope that this article has helped you identify the reason why the Funimation app is not working on your Samsung Smart TV. If you have any further questions or need our help with your Samsung Smart TV, please feel free to leave a comment below, or contact us using the link at the bottom right side of this page.