HBO Max app users are facing a won’t install issue while installing this app on Samsung smart TV. The main issue with this app is that it’s not working and is not compatible with all the smart TVs of Samsung. This article will help you to solve this issue and make your App work perfectly fine on your Samsung smart TV.
In case of HBO Max Won’t Install on Samsung TV, try clearing the cache, resetting your internet, Restarting the Smart TV, verifying that you have a TV model that supports the app, and power cycle your TV.
HBO Max App Won’t Install/Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
If you are facing the issue of the HBO Max App won’t install on Samsung Smart TV then you need to follow these simple steps to fix this issue.
Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
The problem may be caused by a temporary glitch or a corrupted cache. In order to fix that, you can follow the steps below to do a cold boot and Hard reset on your Samsung smart TV.
1. Cold boot Samsung TV
Keep holding the power button on your Samsung TV remote for five to ten seconds. Afterward, your TV will restart, and you can Install the HBO Max app to check if you can Install it or not.
2. Hard Reset Samsung smart tv
Here’s what you need to do:
- Disconnect your smart tv and router from the power source.
- Now, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- First, make sure your router is turned on completely.
- You can now turn on your smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet via WiFi.
Try Installing HBO Max App again and see if there are any issues with it.
Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV
Try doing a power cycle to fix the problem after your Samsung TV failed to start after a cold boot. HBO Max app crashing on Samsung TV can be resolved by doing this.
- Remove the Samsung tv and router power plugs.
- Connect the devices after a moment and let them boot.
- Now you need to connect your device to your WiFi network.
- See if your Samsung TV works properly with HBO Max.
Check HBO Max Servers Status
If HBO Max wan’t been installed on Smart TV, you should check the status of its servers first. This can be done with tools like Downdetector, a third-party service.
Until HBO Max resolves the issue on its end, it is best to wait until the servers are up and running again.
If, however, nothing is wrong with HBO Max’s servers, proceed to the following method.
Update your Samsung TV
Your Samsung smart TV software may be out of date if you haven’t updated it for a long time. If you want to ensure the HBO Max app install properly, try updating your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on the Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings by pressing the left arrow key
- Scroll down and select the support option.
- To update the software, select the software update option and press ok (if it is greyed out, then flip to TV mode and select software update.)
- To update your software, select update now.
Upon finishing the update, you may check if the HBO Max app install or not.
Reset Samsung Smart hub Settings
According to many Samsung smart tv users, resetting the Samsung smart hub fixed HBO Max not working. Following these steps will help you reset your Samsung smart tv for the HBO Max app install again.
- On your Samsung smart TV, go to Settings.
- Click on support.
- Select the self-diagnosis option.
- Go to the smart hub and select Reset.
Once the smart hub has been reset, launch HBO Max to see if it is functioning correctly or not.
Reset your Samsung Network
After resetting the network settings on your Samsung smart TV, some users reported that they could watch the HBO Max app on their Samsung TVs. To reset the network settings, follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung remote, press the home button.
- Click on Settings>General>select Network, then tap OK.
- Click on Reset Network, then select Yes.
- If you selected a wired or wireless network during the reset, choose Network Settings and click Ok.
- Select your network name and enter your password.
Once your Samsung smart TV is connected to your network, check if you can watch the HBO Max app.
Factory Reset your Samsung TV
The next step is to perform a factory reset if none of the previous methods worked. Fixing this issue will help your TV.
- First, press the Samsung menu button.
- Then press Enter to open the support option.
- Click on “Self-diagnosis” and press enter. Then select “Reset” and press enter.
- Your security pin is 0000 or the default pin is 0000. You may also need to confirm it by clicking Yes.
Contact HBO Support
The best thing to do if none of these solutions work for you is to contact HBO Max customer service. Visit HBO Max Help Center, find help, and report your issue. Further assistance with fixing the streaming issue can be provided by them.
We hope that this article has helped you identify the reason why the HBO Max app won’t install on your Samsung Smart TV. If you have any further questions or need our help with your Samsung Smart TV, please feel free to comment below, or contact us using the link at the bottom right side of this page.