HBO Max Keeps Crashing on Samsung Smart TV including the app Buffering, not Opening, freezing, Black Screen, not loading, and not showing up on your smart TV.
In case of HBO Max not working on Samsung TV, try clearing the cache, resetting your internet, Restart the Smart TV, verifying that you have a TV model that supports the app, uninstalling, and reinstalling the app, or closing out the app and power cycling your TV.
How Do I Fix HBO Max Keeps Crashing on Samsung Smart TV?
You can use the following procedures to fix the HBO Max app buffering, not opening, freezing, crashing, and not loading (working) on your Samsung smart TV. Samsung users can also use the following instructions.
Check your Wi-Fi router and Reset Your Internet
Your network connection may also be the cause of HBO Max connection errors. The ‘Oops! Something Went Wrong’ error message on the HBO Max app is caused by slow or unstable internet connections.
Check your network’s bandwidth by performing a speed test using Speedtest.net.
You should restart your router if the result indicates that the issue with your network is causing the issue.
Once that has been performed, you can run another test to make sure everything is now reaching the indicated speed in your monthly plan. Ask your provider to resolve the issue if your network is running slowly.
HBO also requires at least a 5 Mbps connection for smooth outages. Upgrade your plan if you are below the necessary bandwidth to avoid further inconveniences in the future.
Reboot your Samsung Smart TV [Cold & Hard Reset]
The problem may be caused by a temporary glitch or a corrupted cache. In order to fix that, you can follow the steps below to do a cold boot and Hard reset on your Samsung smart TV.
A. Cold boot Samsung TV
Keep holding the power button on your Samsung TV remote for 5 to 10 seconds. Afterward, your TV will restart, and you can launch the HBO Max app to check if you can watch or not.
B. Hard Reset Samsung Smart TV
Here’s what you need to do:
- Disconnect your smart tv and router from the power source.
- Now, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- First, make sure your router is turned on completely.
- You can now turn on your smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet via WiFi.
Try launching HBO Max App again and see if there are any issues with it.
Don’t Miss: Easy to Fix ESPN Plus Not Working on Samsung TV / Roku / Firestick
Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV
Try doing a power cycle to fix the problem after your Samsung TV failed to start after a cold boot. HBO Max Crashing on Samsung TV can be resolved by doing this.
- Remove the Samsung tv and router power plugs.
- Connect the devices after a moment and let them boot.
- Now you need to connect your device to your WiFi network.
- See if your Samsung TV works properly with the HBO Max App.
Check HBO Max Servers Status
If HBO Max Crash on Smart TV, you should check the status of its servers first. This can be done with tools like Downdetector, a third-party service.
Until HBO Max resolves the issue on its end, it is best to wait until the servers are up and running again.
If, however, nothing is wrong with HBO Max’s servers, proceed to the following method.
Update HBO Max App
HBO Max App Keeps Crashing on Samsung TV can be fixed by updating your HBO Max App to the latest version.
Please follow the steps below the to update HBO Max stream App on Samsung Smart TV:
- On your Samsung TV, go to the home screen.
- Select your apps.
- Go to the top right side of the screen and select the settings (gear icon).
- Then click the updates tab.
- Find the HBO Max app and update it.
If the HBO Max app won’t install and does not work after updating, you will need to reboot it. There are some people who are unable to update the HBO Max app due to an unsupported version error. The HBO Max app is unable to update because Samsung’s memory is full on your tv.
Check Out: How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
Update your Samsung TV
Your Samsung smart TV software may be out of date if you haven’t updated it for a long time. If you want to ensure the HBO Max app works properly, try updating your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on the Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings by pressing the left arrow key
- Scroll down and select the support option.
- To update the software, select the software update option and press ok (if it is greyed out, then flip to TV mode and select software update.)
- To update your software, select update now.
Upon finishing the update, you may check if the HBO Max app is working or not.
Reinstall HBO Max App
If you are experiencing problems with your HBO Max app not working on Samsung tv, reinstalling the app may solve the problem. So, here is a guide on how to reinstall HBO Max on Samsung TV.
For Samsung Smart TV
- Go to your Samsung TV apps.
- From the top right corner of the screen, select the gear icon (settings).
- To delete an HBO Max, select it and choose delete.
- Once the app has been deleted, reboot your smart TV.
- Install the HBO Max app again on your smart TV.
HBO Max app will now work on your smart tv after reinstalling it.
Reset Samsung Smart hub Settings
According to many Samsung smart tv users, resetting the Samsung smart hub fixed HBO Max not working. Following these steps will help you reset your Samsung smart tv for the HBO Max app to work again.
- On your Samsung smart TV, go to Settings.
- Click on support.
- Select the self-diagnosis option.
- Go to the smart hub and select Reset.
Once the smart hub has been reset, launch HBO Max to see if it is functioning correctly or not.
Reset your Samsung Network
After resetting the network settings on your Samsung smart TV, some users reported that they could watch the HBO Max app on their Samsung TVs. To reset the network settings, follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung remote, press the home button.
- Click on Settings>General>select Network, then tap OK.
- Click on Reset Network, then select Yes.
- If you selected a wired or wireless network during the reset, choose Network Settings and click Ok.
- Select your network name and enter your password.
Once your Samsung smart TV is connected to your network, check if you can watch the HBO Max app.
Factory Reset your Samsung TV
The next step is to perform a factory reset if none of the previous methods worked. Fixing this issue will help your TV.
- First, press the Samsung menu button.
- Then press Enter to open the support option.
- Click on “Self-diagnosis” and press enter. Then select “Reset” and press enter.
- Your security pin is 0000 or the default pin is 0000. You may also need to confirm it by clicking Yes.
The best thing to do if none of these solutions work for you is to contact HBO Max customer service. Visit HBO Max Help Center, find help, and report your issue. Further assistance with fixing the streaming issue can be provided by them.
We hope that this article has helped you identify the reason why the HBO Max app is Crashing on your Samsung Smart TV. If you have any further questions or need our help with your Samsung Smart TV, please feel free to comment below, or contact us using the link at the bottom right side of this page.