Hulu Error Code 301: Hulu is a paid U.S. video-on-demand subscription service. People pay to activate their account, which you can later use on almost any device to watch your favorite TV shows and movies. However, quite recently, there have been many reports in which users cannot watch any videos, and “Error code 301” appears when trying to stream videos.
Error messages are not always helpful when Hulu stops working. One of the most common error messages indicates that a playback failure has occurred. This message is commonly seen on Roku and Fire TV, Xbox and PlayStation consoles, and streaming devices such as Vizio, LG, and other smart TVs.
Hulu provides you with an error code in some cases that can help you identify the problem. If it does not, and all you see is a Hulu playback failure message, then you have to start with the basics, such as checking your Internet connection and moving on.
What Causes of the ”Hulu Error Code 301”:
After receiving multiple reports from several users, we decided to investigate the issue and look at the causes that triggered it. Some of the most common causes that were causing the error are listed below.
Slow Internet Connection: In some cases, the connection to the Internet was too slow, causing it to time out and display an error. Hulu requires at least 4 Mbps connection for the Hulu streaming service and at least 8 Mbps connection for the Hulu Live TV service.
DNS issue: It is possible that the DNS settings for your connection have not been properly configured, causing this error to be triggered. In most cases, the network adapter automatically configures DNS settings by detecting the best possible configuration. However, if Adapter is unable to determine the best settings that they have to enter manually and if they are not, then the connection to some sites is prohibited.
Cache / Cookies: Cache is stored by applications to reduce loading time and provide a better experience. Cookies are stored by websites for the same purpose. However, sometimes, cookies and caches can become corrupt due to which this error occurs.
Date and time: If the date and time settings for your device are not configured properly, it can also cause problems with the streaming service and prevent you from connecting to or using the service.
An abundance of devices: In some cases, if too many devices are connected to Hulu simultaneously, it can cause problems with service. This can increase some security breaches as account sharing is prohibited and may cause the service to think that you are delivering the service to other people.
[Fixed]-How to Fix Hulu Error 301
Restart your device and devices for Networking:
- Turn off, shut down, and disconnect your streaming device and network equipment completely.
- Leave your devices on for about a minute.
- Reconnect the hardware, power it on, and check if a playback error persists in Hulu.
Check the Speed of Your Internet Connection for Streaming:
- If your internet speed is too low, then Hulu may stutter video, get buffered, or not play at all.
- Regular Hulu videos require 3.0 Mbps.
- Hulu requires 8.0Mbps with live TV.
- If you are unsure about the speed of your internet connection, check out our internet speed test guide.
Disconnect other devices from your Network:
- If you have multiple computers, smartphones, game consoles, and other network devices, disconnect them.
- Protect your network and make sure no one is connected to it without your knowledge.
- If the read error disappears, you can purchase a multiband router or router to prioritize streaming traffic.
Switch to a Wired Connection if Possible:
- Try connecting your broadcasting device with an Ethernet cable to your router or modem.
- If the playback error disappears, use a wired connection to broadcast or move your wireless router closer to the Hulu device.
Check your Router Settings:
- If your router allows you to prioritize certain types of traffic or devices, then set the device you are trying to see first for Hulu.
- Try changing your router’s domain name server (DNS) settings.
- If you don’t know what DNS is or how to change it, check out our complete guide to the most popular routers for changing DNS.
[Fixed]Hulu Playback Errors on PlayStation 3
If you have Hulu playback errors on your PS3, first check the status of your Internet connection:
If you open Hulu or any other app, close it and go back to the main XMB.
Navigate to Settings> Network Settings> Internet Connection Test.
If there is no problem with the internet connection, try resetting the PS3 system time:
- If you open a game or app, close it and return to the main XMB
- From the Internet, navigate to Settings> Date and Time Settings>.
If that doesn’t work, try removing the Hulu app and reinstalling it:
- Highlight the Hulu application.
- Press the triangle button on your controller.
- Choose Delete.
- Open the PlayStation Store and download the Hulu app again.
[Solved] – Hulu Playback Errors on PlayStation 4
If you try to watch Hulu on your PS4 and you get a playback error, you will need to check the status of your internet connection:
If you open Hulu or any other app, close it and go back to XrossMediaBar (XMB).
Navigate to Settings> Network Settings> Internet Connection Test.
If it checks correctly, try resetting the date and time of your system:
If you have a game or app open, return to XMB.
Navigate to Settings> Date and time> Settings for date and time> Internet> Now set.
If the playback error continues, the next step is to delete and re-download the Hulu app:
If it still doesn’t work, try clearing the cache:
[Solved]Hulu Playback Errors on Roku
On your Roku, you can delete the Hulu channel and then add it back through the channel store.
- Press the Roku Remote Asterisk (star button).
- Select Remove Channel.
- Open a channel store.
- Locate Hulu, and select Add Channel.
If that doesn’t work, make sure your Roku has the latest firmware installed:
- Open the home menu on your Roku.
- Navigate to Settings> System> System Update
- Now select the check.
[Fixed] Hulu Playback Errors on Apple TV
If you get Hulu playback errors on Apple TV, you can try a few things:
- To verify your network settings, navigate to Settings> Network.
- Update your Hulu app by navigating to Settings> System.
For more information about Apple TV issues, see our complete guide to resolving Apple TV issues.
[Fixed] Hulu Playback Errors on LG Televisions and Blu-Ray Players
There are limited device-specific options to address Hulu playback errors on LG devices. If you can start videos, but they stutter, buffer or stop playing, try to reduce the quality of the video:
- Start a video on Hulu.
- While playing the video, press the button on the remote LG.
- Navigate to Video Quality.
- Lower the quality of the video and see if your problem is fixed.
If you still have playback errors, try to update your LG firmware:
- Press Home on your remote control.
- Navigate to Setup> Support> Software Update.
- If an update is available, follow the instructions on the screen to install it.
Hulu Playback Errors on Amazon Fire TV-[Solved]
When you experience playback errors on your Fire TV, the first thing to try is to clear the temporary files stored by Hulu on your device:
- Navigate to Settings> Applications> Hulu.
- Select the cache.
- Select explicit data.
- Check if you still have errors in playback.
If this does not work, try uninstalling and re-downloading the application:
- If you open an app, return to the main menu.
- Navigate to Settings> Applications> Hulu> Uninstall.
- Wait until the uninstall process is complete.
- Restore Hulu.
Fixing Hulu Playback Errors on Xbox One
If you have playback errors on your Xbox One, you’ll first need to test your console’s Internet connection:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Navigate to Settings> All Settings> Network> Network Settings.
- If there are any known outages, they will be displayed.
- Select Detailed Network Statistics.
- Check that your connection works and the speed is sufficiently high to stream Hulu
If you have a solid connection, try removing and reinstalling Hulu:
- Log out of Hulu on your console and close it.
- Highlight the Hulu app.
- Press the menu button on your controller.
- Select the app.
- Select Uninstall.
- Reinstall the Hulu application and check if playback errors still exist.
Next thing you can try to clear your console’s system cache:
- Turn off your Xbox One.
- Once the console is completely shut down, unplug it with power.
- Unplug it for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the console back in, turn it on, and check to see if you still experience playback errors.
[Solved]-Hulu Playback Errors on Xbox 360
Just log out of the Hulu app on your console to resolve a playback error before you try anything else. This is how to do it:
- Open the Hulu app.
- Go to the account section.
- Select Logout from Hulu.
- Log in to see if you still get a playback error.
The next step is to completely remove the Hulu app and download it again:
- Navigate to Settings> System> Storage> All Devices> Games and Apps.
- Highlight the Hulu icon and press Y on your controller.
- Choose Delete.
- Download Hulu again on your console and check if a playback error still exists.
We hope you are all succeeded
If you had any question guys about this article then feel free to ask questions in the comment section, we are always happy to give you solutions about tech which we already know. Let’s Meet up in the next fantastic article.
Happy Androiding My Friends