If you frequently use Apple products such as iPad and iPhone, you may encounter some problems when it comes to their connection with iOS devices; one of these errors is iTunes Error 0xe80000a, or simply known as error 0xe80000a. If you get this error, it means that iTunes could not connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
This error is quite troublesome as you will not be able to use iTunes to manage your iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, or iPod from your Windows computer. This error is mainly seen on iOS devices that have been updated to the latest iOS 13.4 through iTunes. As soon as iTunes could not connect to this iPhone 0xe80000a appears, your internet connection speed might drop or new files will start to appear or disappear. But why does this error appear?
Why does iTunes Error 0xe80000a Occur?
iTunes error 0xe80000a appears mainly when your computer is unable to establish a connection with your Apple device. This can be due to many different factors such as:
1. Process Malfunction
One of the reasons iTunes error 0xe80000a occurs is because the iTunes processes cannot work properly. To solve this problem, you can simply stop the processes that are causing you problems and then try to reconnect your device.
2. Incomplete iTunes installation
Partial or incomplete installation of iTunes on Windows may cause iTunes error 0xe80000a. This problem can also occur if the installation process is unsuccessful and is left incomplete.
3. A damaged USB Cable or Port
A damaged USB port or cable can be one of the reasons why your iOS device shows iTunes error 0xe80000a. If you see this error, you should check if your USB cable or port is working properly.
Some other common reasons include:
- Your version of iTunes might be out of date, so your iOS device is not incompatible with it.
- Bad connection between your iOS device and iTunes
- Conflict of processes working in the background of your system
Of course, there is no guarding that iTunes error 0xe80000a is quite irritable and annoying; however, there are some easy solutions to this problem. With the help of this article, you will be able to get rid of this problem forever.
iTunes Error Code 0xe80000a in Windows 10 Solutions
Here’s how to fix iTunes error code 0xe80000a in Windows 10 –
iTunes is one of the most popular multimedia players for PCs. There are so many purposes served by this app like an online radio station, huge media library, and more other features. This software can be used on iOS, Android, and Windows. Supports various formats like mp3, mp4, wave, aac, etc. Simply put, it could be used to access all the entertainment files present on your device.
Here is the complete guide on how to fix iTunes error code 0xe8000000a in Windows 10.
Solution 1: Fixing iTunes error 0xe80000a in iTunes
If you are looking for a quick and easy solution for iTunes error 0xe80000a, experts have recommended you to use iMyFone TunesFix. This tool has been considered one of the best solutions to solve this error. It is quite simple to understand and use.
What are some features of iMyFone TunesFix?
- Repair all kinds of problems and errors in iTunes.
- You can uninstall iTunes and erase all data from the program’s installation files.
- The tool will boost iTunes performance with one click and update it to the latest version.
- Making use of the tool will help you to repair iTunes safely and without losing any files.
- The program works fast and your iOS devices will be back to normal in a minute or two.
- The tool has been specifically designed to resolve iTunes error 0xe80000a with one click.
Apart from solving iTunes error 0xe80000a, the tool will be able to solve a wide range of problems such as:
- Repair other iTunes issues including iOS, restore issues, iOS update error, and other errors like 9006, 3014, 4005, 1611, and 1004
- Fix backup / restore errors like 3004, 2009, 3212, 39, 3194, and 14
- Fixed install/update errors in iTunes such as insufficient privileges, Apple mobile device service failed to start, iTunes / iTunesHelper did not install correctly, 126, 127, 2, 2503, etc.
How does iMyFone TunesFix work?
If you want to get rid of the iTunes error 0xe80000a problem permanently, all you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps:
Launch the iMyFone TunesFix, and it will start to detect iTunes and its important components automatically. If the tool detects that your iTunes or any of its components is damaged, you will be shown the error and you can choose to repair it.
As soon as the repair starts, you can connect your iPhone with your computer and check whether iTunes is working or not. If it still doesn’t work, you will see the home page. Here, you will see all the options that can help you fix different problems in iTunes; To do this, you need to tap on the ‘ Fix iTunes Connect Problems ‘ button.
To start the repair process, you need to click on ‘ repair. ‘Once the repair process is complete, your iTunes should start working normally.
Solution 2: Trying to Fix iTunes Error 0xe80000a Manually on Windows
If you are using Windows 10 computer, you can follow below mentioned steps to resolve iTunes error 0xe80000a on your iTunes:
- You need to connect your iOS device to your computer and close iTunes.
- Then tap Alt + Control + Delete on your keyboard to open the Task Manager .
- After opening Task Manager, you need to sort all processes by Image Name. Look for the whole process that starts with ‘ Apple ‘ and kill that. To do this, right click on the process and tap ‘ End Task ‘ or ‘ End Process . ‘To complete all this step, make sure to finish the’ AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe . “
Tap on the Windows Key and R button to open the Run command. Once it opens, you need to copy and paste the following command into the text box:
- For 32-bit OS -% ProgramFiles% \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
- For 64-bit OS -% ProgramFiles (x86)% \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
Once done, you can open iTunes to check whether iTunes error 0xe80000a has been resolved or not.
You have to remember that this method can only be used for computers running on Windows operating system. You also need to know some details about your computer. If you are not a tech-savvy or have almost no idea how it works, it is recommended that you look for another method.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Reinstall your iTunes
As mentioned above, one of the reasons you see iTunes error 0xe80000a is because some components are missing. In this case, you have to uninstall iTunes, download it again, and reinstall the program.
You can uninstall iTunes and its components manually. Below are the components that need to be removed:
- Apple software update
- Apple mobile device support
- Apple application support
To remove these components, you need to tap on Start, then Applications and Features, and click on all the components as mentioned above.
Alternatively, you can also use this method for a Windows computer:
- Open the Corral Command by tapping the Windows Key and R
- Then you need to type ‘ appwiz.cpl ‘ and then hit the Enter
- Here, you need to search for iTunes and tap on the Uninstall button. Once done, head over to the recycle bin and empty it to remove all the remaining content.
- Next, you need to delete the remaining iTunes files by going to the % Program Files% directory; To do this, open the Run command and type the command mentioned above and tap Enter.
- Here, you need to search for folders like iPod, Hello, iTunes, etc., and delete them. Then go back to the Control Panel and uninstall Hello from here.
- You need to right-click on iTunes.app file, which will be in the Applications folder; tap on getting Info.
- Then you need to tap on the Lock Icon and enter your admin password.
- From here, you need to expand ‘ Sharing and permissions ‘ and set it to Read and write for everyone. “
- Then you need to drag the iTunes icon on the desktop to the Trash.
- You have to enter the ‘ Activity Monitor ‘ and start the application.
- Find iTunes Helper and remove it
- Then head over to Library, Preferences, and delete all files that have ‘ com. apple.iTunes ‘ at the beginning.
Tips: When using these processes, you should make sure that you have completely erased iTunes and all components before proceeding with the reinstallation process. Otherwise, you will see iTunes error 0xe80000a again. In both the above-mentioned manual uninstall processes, you will have to cover many steps and do it with caution.
Therefore, these processes are not recommended; instead, you can simply make use of iMyFone TunesFix; This tool offers the ‘ Complete Uninstall ‘ option that allows you to uninstall all iTunes components, without any residual problems.
Solution 4: Reset iTunes Lock Folder to Fix ‘iTunes Error 0xe80000a’
This is a fact that most people are unaware of: iTunes has a locked folder on Windows computers. Here, all previously connected Apple device security certificates that were connected to iTunes on your computer. To remove the security certificates, you must remove this entire lock folder.
To do this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to tap the Windows button and R key together and enter % Application Data%.
- Next, you need to open the ‘ Apple ‘ folder; Here, you will find a directory labeled ‘ Lockdown,’ which you must remove.
- After deleting the directory, you can restart iTunes and check whether iTunes error 0xe80000a has been resolved or not.
If you see the error, it may be due to the validity of the certificate; after this, you should not see the error again.
Solution 5: Update iTunes and Windows to Fix ‘iTunes Error 0xe80000a’
According to many users, iTunes error 0xe80000a mainly occurs because you are using an outdated version of iTunes or Windows. If you want to get the latest updates, it is recommended that you update your iTunes; Furthermore, the latest update will also minimize the chances of iTunes error 0xe80000a.
Also, it is a good idea to check if you have also installed the latest updates for your Windows computer. Download and install all these updates, reinstall iTunes, and try again. To update any pending Windows updates, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Tap on the Windows key, and I button at the same time.
- Then you should head to the Update and security tab.
- Here, you need to tap on the ‘ Check for updates ‘ button on the right side.
- Your computer will then search and check for updates and will check for any pending downloads. Once prompted, you need to download these updates and then hit resume.
- Once your system restarts, you need to update your iTunes application.
Solution 6: Disable Antivirus and Security Software in Windows
Sometimes the antivirus software you have installed on your system may be blocking the iTunes application, leading to the iTunes error 0xe80000a. Your antivirus program does this to check for a security risk. Therefore, you can disable your antivirus program on your Windows computer for a while and then try to run iTunes. If iTunes error 0xe80000a occurred due to an antivirus crash, you should not see it as soon as it is disabled.
In such cases, you have two options available: you can uninstall the old antivirus program and use a new one. Or, you can just make an exception for the iTunes file so that the program is not marked as harmful.
Conclusion on iTunes Error 0xe80000a
With the help of all these solutions, you should be able to get rid of the iTunes Error 0xe80000a problem. This error is quite common and can occur at any time. To resolve this problem, it is recommended that you use iMyFone TunesFix. With the help of this tool, you will be able to solve almost any kind of error with just one click! You will also improve iTunes performance by updating the program and clearing its cache.