Hey! Movie Lovers! If you’re watching a movie on your LG smart TV through the Paramount Plus app and it’s not working? Don’t worry you’re not alone. Many users have reported this issue, and it seems to be a common problem with this particular brand of TV.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some possible reasons why the app might not be working and what you can do to fix it.
If Paramount+ not working on Smart TV, Turn off the TV, then unplug it from the power source for 30 seconds. Re-connect the power source, turn on the TV, and relaunch the Paramount+ app.
Why does Paramount Plus not working on LG TV?
There are a few possible reasons why Paramount Plus might not be working on your LG TV. It could be an issue with your internet connection, a problem with your Paramount Plus account, or a technical issue with LG TV itself.
If you’re having trouble streaming Paramount Plus not loading on LG TV, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong and stable connection to the internet.
- Restart your LG TV. Sometimes a restart is all it takes to fix a technical issue.
- Check your Paramount Plus account. Make sure you’re logged in with the correct credentials and that your subscription is active.
- Contact Paramount Plus customer support. If you’re still having trouble streaming Paramount Plus on your TV, contact their customer support team to fix your issue.
Solution 1: Check the Internet Connection
Bad internet connections are one of the leading causes of streaming issues. When your internet is not functioning correctly, Paramount+ will not function on your LG smart TV. Paramount allows users to check their Internet speed. If you’re getting an error screen and can’t access the settings, click on more details, then you’ll be able to access Paramount settings. The steps below will help you to do that.
- Click on settings.
- Go to the help section.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom and click Check your Network.
- Paramount+ checks to see if your internet is working properly. When your internet connection isn’t functioning, you’ll need to fix it to be able to access Paramount+ on your LG smart TV.
Here are some steps to fix your connection:
- Set up your router closer to the LG smart TV.
- For better connectivity and speed, consider using an Ethernet connection. You can check internet speed by visiting speedtest.net.
- Disconnect the router from the power outlet. Turn on your WiFi after waiting for 5-10 minutes. Check whether Paramount is working on your TV by connecting it to the internet.
- In addition, if the problem persists, you must contact your internet provider.
Solution 2: Check your Account Details
You might have an issue with your account if you’re unable to stream anything on your LG TV via the Paramount Plus app. There is a chance that your subscription has expired, or that your payment method has been blocked. If you have a Paramount Plus account, we recommend you log in and start investigating there.
Solution 3: Power cycle your LG smart tv
if your internet is working properly but Paramount Plus not working. It might be worthwhile to power cycle your LG TV to fix the issue with Paramount. The following steps will help.
- First, Unplug your LG smart TV.
- Keep pressing the power button for 10-20 seconds on your tv.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router.
- You need to wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Connect your router and allow it to turn on completely.
- You can now turn on your LG smart TV.
Try launching Paramount and see if the problem is resolved. Paramount’s stopped working on the LG TV may be fixed by performing a power cycle. However, if you’re still experiencing problems, there are other solutions listed below for Paramount Plus not working or not appearing in the LG content store.
Solution 4: Reinstall Paramount App on LG TV
If you’re experiencing Paramount Plus problems with your LG smart tv, reinstalling Paramount may help. You can fix any problem with Paramount Plus by uninstalling and re-installing it on your LG smart TV. Afterward, you should see your LG tv working properly.
- On your LG remote, press the Home button.
- You can now enter edit mode by clicking the pencil icon on the right end.
- Click the x icon above Paramount Plus to select it.
- Press ok to uninstall Paramount from your LG TV.
- Restart your LG smart TV.
- Click the LG content store icon on the home screen.
- Select your apps and games.
- You can find Paramount by searching.
- Click on the install button.
Check if Paramount Plus is working properly on your LG smart tv after reinstalling it. The LG smart tv may not be able to install Paramount Plus, or content that’s not available in the store may appear. Follow the steps below to fix the problem.
Solution 5: Paramount Plus is not installed or not available on LG Smart TV
In case your LG smart TV will not install Paramount or if the Paramount Plus app won’t work. It may be helpful to change or correct the location setting in order to resolve the problem. Here are the steps for changing your location settings:
- Go to the LG TV’s settings menu.
- Click on general.
- From the list, select the location option.
- Set the location according to your current location.
- Restart your TV after setting the correct location and launch the LG content store.
- Search for Paramount Plus on your LG smart TV and it will now be available to install.
- You will need to set your location to a country like Australia or the United States to fix the issue after setting the correct location.
- You can then change the location to Australia, the United States, or another country that offers Paramount. On your LG smart TV, you’ll be able to install and use Paramount Plus.
Paramount Plus will work properly on your LG smart TV after you tweak the location setting. If the problem persists, you can reset your LG smart TV.
Solution 6: Check Paramount+ Servers
The content delivered to Paramount+’s users is primarily provided by Paramount+’s servers. If you are getting random error messages on the platform, it could mean that Paramount+’s servers are down.
It is possible to confirm this by visiting third-party sites like Downdetector, which provide information about the current status of Paramount+’s servers and past problems it has faced.
As long as Paramount+’s servers are down, all you can do is wait. You can’t fix any server-related problems yourself.
Otherwise, follow the remaining steps below if Paramount+’s servers are working fine.
Solution 7: Disable VPN Services
When streaming movies over VPNs such as Paramount+, Prime Video, Netflix, HBO Max, and Disney+, there is a possibility that the VPN will interfere. A VPN allows you to bypass restrictions imposed by your ISP or other platforms on your network and protects your privacy.
The Paramount service does not support VPNs because they mask your IP address, and there is geo-restricted content available.
However, there are some VPNs that work inefficiently and can cause network slowdowns, especially if you connect to a slow server.
Solution 8: Reset LG Smart TV
When Paramount still isn’t working on your LG smart tv, you may need to restore the device to its factory settings. Follow the steps below to reset your LG TV:
- On the remote, press the setting button and select all settings.
- Choose general from the drop-down menu.
- Select Reset to initial settings from the drop-down menu.
- Install Paramount Plus on your LG TV after you’ve reset it.
The Paramount, not working problem can be resolved by resetting your LG TV.
We hope that this article has helped you identify the reason why the Paramount Plus app is not working on your LG Smart TV. If you have any further questions or need our help with your Smart TV, please feel free to leave a comment below, or contact us using the link at the bottom right side of this page.