Keyboard shortcuts word iPad: The iPad is a very versatile device, powerful, lightweight and with a lot of autonomy. These characteristics are getting more and more people to opt for the Apple tablet for their work and with the arrival of iPadOS still, more people will adopt it.
Although little by little they are getting closer, the iPad can not completely replace the computers, although there are tasks where you will not miss a laptop or desktop. For example, when creating text documents.
Due to the design of the operating system of the iPad, the distractions will be reduced and you will work more efficiently. In addition to this, if you learn some keyboard shortcuts you can be even faster working with the device.
Prepare your texts much faster thanks to these shortcuts:
This time I want to talk to you about keyboard shortcuts. In short, Word shortcuts Keyboard in its iPad version, the most used word processor in the world. As you are already imagining, in order to use these shortcuts you need to connect a physical keyboard to the tablet. It can be the official one of Apple, the one that you use in your Mac or any other keyboard compatible with the device.
With these 16 shortcuts, you can be much faster creating and formatting your texts. You can undo the latest changes at the touch of a keyboard, put different styles to the words, copy or paste, etc, etc …
Here is the collection of useful keyboard shortcuts for iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPad Pro:
- Command + Z: Undo
- Command + Y: Redo
- Command + S: Save
- Command + F: Search in the document
- Command + A: Select all the contents of the document
- Command + B: Activate or deactivate bold text
- Command + I: Activate or deactivate text in italics
- Command + U: Activate or deactivate underlined text
- Command + X: Cut the selection
- Command + C: Copy the selection
- Command + V: Paste the selection
- Command + Alt + N: normal text style (paragraph)
- Command + Alt + 1: text style title 1
- Command + Alt + 2: text style title 2
- Command + Alt + 3: text style title 3
- Arrows up, down, right and left: move the cursor through the entire document.
Ideally, you should memorize these keyboard shortcuts. With the passage of time they will come out as a reflex, in a completely automatic way, but if at any time you do not remember them you only have to keep the Command key pressed for a few seconds with the Word open. When doing so, a window will appear in which you can see the most important shortcuts in the app.
In addition, it is important to mention that many of these keyboard shortcuts are also available in other applications. Cut, paste, copy, bold, italic, underline, search or undo are exactly the same in most applications; even on computers with Mac or Windows (although in this case changing the keyboard Command by Control).