If you want to know how to fix a Snapchat support code SS06, you’ve come to the right place.
I can easily use Snapchat and I fixed this problem maybe an hour ago. And now I’ll show you how you can do the same.
Now if you’re getting a support code that basically says you’ve tried too many times to log in or there are suspicious, suspicious attempts to log into your account, it will say your access to Snapchat is temporarily disabled.
You can see the error code SS06 below.
The key thing here is basically you’ve been trying to log into your Snapchat account and by doing so over and over, Snapchat thinks maybe somebody is trying to hack into your account and they will freeze your ability to log in for a certain period of time.
Snapchat Support Code SS06 [Solved!]
There are a couple of steps you can go through to get that fixed.
Solution 1: Wait 15-20 minutes and try to log in again
This is usually all that is needed to fix the problem. Snapchat will temporarily disable your account if it detects suspicious activity, but it will usually re-enable it after a short period of time.
Solution 2: Try logging in from a different device or network
If you are still unable to log in after 15-20 minutes, try logging in from a different device or network. This will help to rule out any problems with your current device or network connection.
Solution 3: Update the Snapchat App
Firstly, update the latest version. Sometimes Snapchat doesn’t support old versions on your phone. This means you won’t be able to log in to Snapchat.
To update the Snapchat app on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the three-line menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap “Manage apps & devices.”
- Tap the “Updates available” tab.
- If Snapchat is listed under “Available updates,” tap the “Update” button next to it.
To update the Snapchat app on iPhone:
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to see “Pending updates” and “Release notes.”
- Tap “Update” next to Snapchat.
Solution 4: Background Refresh App Enable:
To enable background app refresh on Android:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on “Apps & notifications.”
- Tap on “See all apps.”
- Tap on the app that you want to enable background app refresh for.
- Tap on “Battery.”
- Tap on “Background restriction.”
- Select “Don’t restrict.”
To enable background app refresh on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on “General.”
- Tap on “Background App Refresh.”
- Toggle on the switch next to the app that you want to enable background app refresh for.
Solution 5: Offload App [Only iOS Users]
- First, go to the “Settings”
- Tap on “General”
- Open “iPhone storage”
- Now find the “Snapchat” and open
- Click on “Offload”
After that, probably we can try to open Snapchat and probably this problem will be automatically solved.
Solution 6: Contact Snapchat Support
If the SS06 error still persists after trying all the above solutions, it’s time to reach out to Snapchat’s support team.
First, go to a web browser and search “Snapchat Support” or visit this link
then scroll down, click on “Contact Us”
after selecting the “I can’t access my account” option
then, select “I see an error message when I log in”
You have to click on “Yes”
and after that, you’ll get the form to fill out here. click on the “submit” button.
So now all we need to do is just simply close everything and wait for maybe one hour or two hours and the Snapchat support team will receive our message and they will help us to fix this problem.