Spotify is a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs. With Spotify, you can listen to any artist, album, or playlist you want. You can also create your own playlists.
Additionally, engineers are constantly working to fix new bugs as they emerge. If we use Spotify frequently, we still encounter some critical errors. It’s possible you’ve encountered the Spotify can’t play current song [after 5 Second] problem at least once while playing your favorite song.
It is the purpose of this article to discuss the possible causes and possible solutions to this error.
Why can’t Spotify play the current song error happen?
Despite the fact that Spotify often fails to play the current song and displays the Can’t play the current song error, there is not a single reason for it. The reasons are listed below. If you read those, you will be able to understand the purpose of the cause and will be able to take action accordingly.
- There could be a problem with the device on which the app is running. As a result, the app does not work properly.
- One possible reason is that Spotify does not work properly. It is not uncommon for an app to stop working or not perform as expected due to a technical glitch.
How to Fix Spotify Can’t Play Current Song [After 5, 6 Seconds]
We now know why the problem exists, so let’s look at possible solutions to the issue.
Fix 1: Restart your Device
It is one of the most basic ways to solve any problem related to the application. In most cases, it works if there is a minor error, such as the application does not load correctly. Therefore, if the normal reboot cannot solve the load problem, try to give a full reboot.
If you are having trouble with Pandora keeps stopping, you can check this guide.
- For Android Users, hold the Power Button and Volume Down button together until you see the next screen. Then follow the prompts and restart your device.
- For iPhone Users, Press and Release Volume Up Button, Press and Release Volume Down Button, and then Press Power Button until you see Apple Logo.
Try this #Fix 1 Spotify is able to play music, if not try the next method.
Fix 2: Restart the App
Sometimes Spotify can’t play the current song after 5 seconds because of a minor error in the app. The app may not function properly at first if it does not connect with the Spotify server.
Also, you may not be playing your content as expected. Therefore, restart Spotify. For this, you just need to close the Spotify app and open it again.
Fix 3: Log Out
It may be possible to fix the Spotify can’t play current song issue by logging out and logging back in again.
If you are using mobile,
- open Spotify App.
- Click on the Settings [Gear] icon.
- then scroll down and click on the Logout button.
If you are on a desktop,
- click on the drop-down menu button beside your username.
- From the drop-down menu.
- click on the Log out button.
Fix 4: Update Spotify App
In case Spotify can’t play the current song after 6 seconds, update the Spotify App. There may be a problem with the version of Spotify you have installed on your device, or maybe Spotify is not capable of handling content in older versions.
To fix Spotify issues on your device, update the app.
Android Device User
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- Tap on your Profile icon or three lines from the upper left corner.
- Then select My Apps & Games.
- Check for Spotify updates.
- If there is an update button, tap it.
iPhone Device User
- Visit the App Store.
- Select the Today option.
- Next, tap on your Profile.
- Go to the Available Updates section and search for Spotify.
- When you find one, update the Spotify app.
Fix 5: Configure Music Quality Settings
It happens sometimes that the quality of some music plays into the problem. In most cases, this is due to the fact that the music you want to play may not support the default quality. Follow the steps below to adjust the music quality.
- Open the Spotify app and tap on the Settings menu.
- select Audio Quality > Automatic.
Fix 6: Change Crossfading Option
Spotify has a feature called crossfading that makes transitions between songs smooth and pleasing to the ear. Spotify may not be able to play the current song because of a misconfiguration of this feature.
- Open the Spotify app on the desktop
- go to Settings > navigate to the Playback section.
- toggle on the Crossfading songs option. (Set the time to zero (0) seconds.)
- Restart your Laptop.
Fix 7: Check The Playlist
This error occurs when your device has several songs downloaded. This could be because the song or file has been deleted from Spotify’s server but is still on your device. In this case, you may follow the steps below.
- Open Settings > Sync your songs (particularly downloaded songs) again with the server.
- Now, delete and reinstall Spotify.
Fix 8: Re-Install Spotify on Your Device
There are some cases in which the application is trying to update but eventually fails in between. Due to this some incorrect data and incomplete files are generated which will not allow the users to log in. So, you can give try installing the Spotify app again.
- First of all, uninstall the application from your device.
- Now go to Google Play Store and search for Spotify and then click on Install.
- After complete download and installation try login Into Spotify and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 9: Report to Spotify Customer Support
When none of the above methods resolves your problem with Spotify can’t play current songs local files, contact Spotify support.
In this article, we’ve provided you with a few simple steps that should help fix the problem of Spotify Can’t Play Current Song on your Spotify app. We hope these tips have been helpful! If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know by commenting below or visiting our Fix Guide Page today.