Spotify Car Thing not Working: The Spotify Car Thing experiment has been confirmed as an official product that will be offered to some Spotify Premium customers.
The Car Thing player pairs up with your car’s stereo system, either via Bluetooth or a USB 3.5mm cable. The idea is that this will work for all cars that don’t have CarPlay or Android Auto or older head units that don’t use AAC music.
Users often experience very smooth and steady user experiences while using Spotify Car Thing. However, there have been cases where users reported experiencing few issues. In this article, we will discuss How to Fix Spotify Car Thing not Working.
How to Fix Spotify Car Thing not Working
You can fix some of the most common issues here so you can get back on track.
Solution 1: Restart your Car thing
Many problems can be resolved by restarting the Car Thing.
- The Settings button can be found on the top-right.
- Then find Restart.
- Confirm your selection by pressing the dial.
Solution 2: No power?
You may need to turn on your ignition in order to make the 12V power outlets work.
Car Thing should be plugged into the 12V or 24V power outlet (also known as the cigarette lighter) in your car. Make sure the outlet is working properly.
The device does not receive enough power through other ports (including USB).
To avoid draining your car battery, don’t use Car Thing when your vehicle is powered through a 12V or 24V outlet when the ignition’s off.
Solution 3: Unable to connect?
The Car Thing app links to your phone via Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone, as well as Spotify open.
Check out Spotify in the car for help with connecting your phone to your car speakers.
Solution 4: Car Thing won’t hear you?
- Make sure the microphone is turned on. Scroll down the Settings menu to Microphone.
- Turn off any open vents near Car Thing or move the device to remove wind noise.
- You should make sure your phone has a good Internet connection.
- Try your request again. Remember to begin with “Hey Spotify”.
Tips: Car Thing currently can only recognize songs sung in English (en-US). To interpret songs in languages other than English, try vocalizing them in a US accent.
Solution 5: Reset factory settings
The device’s presets won’t be saved if you factory reset it. You’ll have to reconnect it to your phone afterward and reset any saved presets.
- To change settings, click the Settings button.
- Then find the Restart option.
- Then choose Factory Reset by pressing the dial.
So, these are the few easy and efficient ways to fix the Spotify Car thing not working. If you have any kind of issues, feel free to let us know via comments or the Contact Us page.
How to set up Spotify Car Thing
Below are the steps you can take to set up your Spotify mobile app with a free Car Thing:
1. On the Spotify app, tap the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner.
2. Click on the car. Under Car Thing, tap Set up Car Thing.
3. Tap Start setup.
4. In the next screen, if you own a Car Thing, it should appear (just be sure to turn it on). Continue as instructed after that point.