Vizio Smart TV Menu not working? You’re not alone. These days, a lot of Vizio smart TVs have a problem with the on-screen menu. The menu is supposed to show up on your screen when you hit the MENU button on your remote control, but it doesn’t appear for some people. If this has happened to you, here are some easy quick steps that might help.
1) Unplug the power cord from both ends of your TV and plug it back in, or unplug any HDMI cables connected to your TV if they were plugged in after the issue occurred (you should only do this as a last resort).
2) Press and hold down all buttons on the remote until something happens.
3) Remove batteries from the remote and put them back in.
4) Reset the TV to its default settings (this could look different depending on your TV, follow instructions from Vizio for your specific model).
5) If there’s still no change, visit this link: http://www.vizio.com/.
Also Read: How to Fix Vizio Tv Watchfree Not Working
How To Fix Vizio Smart Tv Menu Not Working Issue In 5 Minutes
The Vizio smart TV menu not working issue can be fixed using the following steps.
Fix 1: Power Cycle Vizio TV
Most Vizio TV users will no longer have the issue with turning off their Vizio TV when it is turned on.
- You should turn off your TV and disconnect all the cables connected to it.
- Now unplug the device from the wall outlet.
- From the back of the TV, find the power button and press and hold it for 30 seconds.
- Wait for 3 minutes
- to connect all the wires and devices to your Vizio TV.
- Now Turn on your Vizio TV.
Power cycling will resolve the Vizio tv Menu not working issue for most users.
Must Read: How to Connect the iPhone to Vizio TV [Easy Method]
Fix 2: Remove/Replace the Battery from the Remote
Vizio tv Menu not responding to the remote issues is a common and ignored cause. A faulty Vizio remote or any remote with IR blasters, like the Firestick remote, can randomly turn off your Vizio tv. Not many Vizio tv owners are aware of this. So in this case, you can simply remove the batteries from your remotes. Don’t forget to remove the batteries from the other remote (firestick remote, etc.). If your Vizio tv Menu working after removing the battery, turn it back on to check if it still does. The Vizio tv keeps rebooting if not fixed.
Fix 3: Factory Reset Vizio Smart TV
Factory Resetting your Vizio Smart TV is a troubleshooting step that you can take if the on-screen menu isn’t working. This will reset your TV to its default settings, which could fix the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow to How to factory reset your Vizio TV.
- Press Menu
- Go to System
- Find and press Reset & Admin
- Go to Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK
- May ask pin code (password) (Vizio default pin code is 0000)
- The TV will be restarted and the initial setup will appear.
So, now that you know how to fix the Vizio smart TV menu not working issue, there’s no reason for you to say goodbye to your favorite movie or show because of the malfunctioning. Just follow our instructions and take action immediately. We hope these instructions have been helpful! If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know by following our Facebook page or visiting our website today.