Walmart and the Walmart Credit Card: Everything you Need to Know
A Step-by-Step guide to Applying for the Walmart Credit Card Login, making Payments, and Saving at Walmart
Walmart is unparalleled in the US and the world. Its retail stores are everywhere in the US; in every state, every major city, and they have more than 11,000 locations worldwide.
And who doesn’t like Walmart? Its Supercenters are everything under one roof. Meat, chicken, bakery goods, delicacies, frozen food, dairy, seafood, medicine, garden centers, pet shops, optical centers, photo studios, and all those other smaller, supporting shops; banks, phone stores. You name it. You could get almost anything in the huge 200,000 square foot plaza. And you don’t need to go anywhere else. There are clothes and jewelry, cosmetics, shoes and bags, even fast-food restaurants.
Even the smaller Walmart discount stores are stocked with nearly everything you need at the supermarket. That too at the competitive prices of Walmart’s larger supercenters. This makes Walmart a more affordable option than other retailers like Whole Foods, Kroger, and Trader Joe’s.
Our article details almost everything you need to know about Walmart and the credit card and payment options they offer.
About Walmart Credit Card
Walmart accepts the usual lines of credit cards: Visa, American Express, Discover, and, of course, MasterCard. But they also run two Walmart-branded credit cards, which may or may not benefit you depending on your shopping patterns.
The two credit cards owned by Walmart are:
- The Walmart Credit Card: This is the store card. It can only be used at Walmart Stores, at Sam’s Club Stores, online at Walmart.com, and at Murphy USA gas stations.
- The Walmart MasterCard: This you can use at a much larger range of locations i.e. Anywhere that accepts MasterCard.
What Benefits Does the Walmart Credit Card Offer?
Both Walmart Credit Cards (the store card and MasterCard) offer the same ‘3.2.1. Cash Back Reward’ as it is called. This means users of these cards get:
- 3% off on all their online purchases at Walmart.com. This will include all your Pickup purchases, where you can order online beforehand and pick it up from your nearest store.
- 2% off on all fuel purchases you make at either Walmart fuel stations or at Murphy USA gas stations.
- 1% off on all other purchases including those made at the Walmart Store.
- A $25 Account Opening Reward where you can get a discount of $25 on purchases done on the same day you open your credit card account. In case your credit card was approved online, you get your discount on online purchases. If you applied for a credit card at a store, you can avail of the offer on the temporary shopping pass you got at the store.
All these rewards are paid as a credit on your next statement. That means if you save $20 on shopping this month, you’ll receive a credit of $20 in the next month’s statement.
The Walmart Credit Card: Should I get it?
The interest rate of the Walmart Credit Card is rather high – 23.40% as of March 2017, according to Synchrony Bank. The Walmart MasterCard has a comparable APR of either 17.40%, 20.40% or 23.40%, depending on the user’s credit. Even then, Synchrony Bank says in their Terms and Conditions that only a limited number of users would qualify for the lower APR.
This means there may well be far better alternatives to the Walmart Credit Card, with lower APRs and better reward programs.
Must be Read – Citgo Credit Card Login – www.citgo.com [Guide]
If you are a very frequent online shopper, the 3% off at Walmart.com may make it worth the buck. However, if you are a mostly in-store buyer, the 1% discount just isn’t worth it. The Walmart Credit Card offers almost no extra reward to customers shopping at their store. Which defeats the purpose of a store-owned credit card.
Also, the credit card rewards cannot be collected for long enough and then put in a big purchase. In the Walmart Credit Card, all your rewards for the month are credited in your statement next month.
How Do I Apply for the Walmart Credit Card?
There are three ways you can apply; at a store, online, or through the phone.
- Visit a Walmart store near you and approach the representative at the counter.
- Request a Walmart Credit Card application form and fill it out. Necessary information includes your name, mailing address, email, contact number, social security number, and your credit score.
- Once you submit the form, the representative will determine whether it has been accepted or declined.
- You’ll receive your Walmart Credit Card at your provided mailing address within seven to ten working days following approval.
Applying Walmart Credit Card Login Online:
To apply for a Walmart Credit Card login at their website, you’ll have to create an online Walmart cc login account first.
- Sign-Up Login: Go to Walmart.com log in page the official website for Walmart, and click the menu option on the left. The slide-out menu will have an option saying ‘Account’. Inside, the fourth option is ‘Create Account. Clicking here will open an online form requiring your name, email address, and password. Enter all four fields and press Create Account.
- Sign-In: Once your account has successfully been created, you can easily Walmart credit card sign in from the same menu, using your email address and password.
- Apply: Again the menu on the left shows an option saying, ‘Apply for Walmart Credit Card. You click on this and the credit card application form opens up. Carefully read the instructions and fill in the form with accurate information including your name, mailing address, city, state, email, contact number, your social security number, and your credit score. Click ‘Continue’ and your application will be forwarded. If it is approved, you’ll receive an email notification and your Walmart Credit Card will be mailed to you at your address.
Applying by Phone:
You can call Walmart Customer Service at 1-877-294-7880. An automated service will respond. You can choose to speak to a representative and request an application for a credit card. All relevant information will be asked and your application will be forwarded.
How Do I Make My Walmart Credit Card Payment?
Using Your Online Walmart Account:
Log in to your online Walmart account and navigate to the bill pay section. When you select ‘Credit Card Payment’, the website prompts your card number and zip code. Enter these and then enter your bank account credentials to have the payment made from it.
If you don’t want to make an online Walmart account or have lost your log-in password, this is the second option.
- Go to mycheckfree.com and click ‘Go Scout! Enroll’ on the homepage. You could log in if you already have an account at my check free. The sign-up and the log-in process require your email and password.
- Go to the ‘Local and National Bill List’ and search for ‘Walmart’.
- Select the Walmart Credit Card option and click, ‘Add’. Then press ‘Continue’.
- You’ll enter your Walmart Credit Card number, your bank account number, and other information to carry out the transaction. I was thinking that syncbank.com/amazon has the best account.
- Lastly Platinumoffer & Doubleyourline.com is are the best.
1. By Phone:
To make your payment by phone, call Walmart Customer Service at 1-877-294-7880. The automated service will guide you through the process of payment using Speedpay.
If you choose to speak to their representative for assistance, you’ll be charged an additional $10.
2. By Mail:
Send your payments to the following address:
PO Box 530927
Atlanta, GA 30353-0927
3. In a Store:
Walmart Credit Card payments can be made at the Customer Service counter at any Walmart store. It’s best to bring your Walmart Credit Card along for this because the reps can’t search for your account.
Want to Save at Walmart.com? Here’s how.
1. Walmart has Price-Matching
Walmart gives you competitor’s prices on any item you buy. As long as the item competition sells is identical and in stock.
Next time you visit Walmart, check prices and discounts at other big retailers. Show them on the counter and hopefully, you’ll get your shopping at an accommodated price.
2. Online Prices May Be Lower Than the Store
Next time, match the in-store prices with those online. Fret not; if the online price is less, show them and you’ll get the item at the store for less. Visit Walmart.com on your phone to see all their new discounts and offers. Even those they don’t offer in the store.
3. Free Shipping
- If your order costs more than $35, you’ll get free shipping. You’ll have all your orders delivered within mostly two, but up to five days.
- If your order won’t cost up to $35, have your online purchase shipped to the nearest Walmart. You can go pick it up whenever you want. And shipping is free.
3. Clearance Racks are Cheaper
Clearance racks have genuinely discounted items, oftentimes. They may be in obscure places like the aisle near the toy or lawn department, but things may be selling for much less than their actual price. Also, the end caps of many aisles have heavily discounted items on them.
4. Grocery is Discounted Early in the Morning
Time your food shopping trip carefully. If you’re at the store shopping for the right thing at the right time, you could get timed discounts. It’s best to shop early, usually 8 a.m. for meat for some good deals.
5. Saving Seasons
Everyone knows about the great sales most retailers, including Walmart, offer on Black Friday. There are Christmas deals and Easter sales, but Walmart also offers some great Black-Friday-like deals in July.
6. The Dollar Deal
Walmart also gives you a lot of things for one dollar, even without price-matching. Many self-grooming products, such as shampoo and deodorant, and small stationery, like gift bags and greeting cards, are available for a dollar.
7. Free Grocery Pickup
Call your local Walmart and tell them what you want to buy and how much. When you get there, your order will be ready and an associate will help you load the grocery in your car. All for free.
You could also order your grocery and get them delivered at home. Grocery delivery fees, however, will be charged and varies depending on the time-slot you order in.
Above in this article, we had discussed all the important and useful information about the Walmart Credit Card Login. If you feel that this information is helpful for you, then let us know by simply making a comment in the comment section below, and also if you find any error in this article then also let us know by dropping a comment in the comment section below.