It may be that the Tesla app not working today for you due to a problem with your device or your internet connection. We encourage you to post your issue in the comment box below if you think the Tesla App Not Opening. Someone from our website might be able to help. For now, you may also try the following fixes.
Common Tesla App Problem [Troubleshooting Guide]
1. Black screen / white screen (blank screen) issue / app crash issue
If your Tesla app is having a black screen / white screen (blank screen) issue/app crash issues, we have the recommended solutions for you here.
Having a black or white screen on a mobile device or tablet is one of the most common problems. A black screen appears for a few seconds when opening an app, and later the app crashes without displaying an error message. The problem can be fixed in a few different ways.
- A temporary loading error is most likely to be the cause. Simply press the recent applications menu (usually located at the top left corner of the screen) on your smartphone. Closing the app with this issue will solve the issue. You can now reopen the app. It might work normally.
2. Your iPhone / iPad may need to be restarted. After you press the power off button for a few seconds, choose restart from the menu to restart your device. Now you can open up the app and see if it works fine.
3. You can wait until your phone’s battery drains to have it turn off automatically if none of the above options work. Press the power button after you’ve changed it. After this, it may work.
4. Lastly, if none of the above solutions work, you can always uninstall and reinstall the app. If you’ve previously enabled iCloud backup, iOS usually gives you the option to restore settings and content.
5. Rarely, the re-installation step does not work either. In such cases, you might want to try installing an older version. Best of luck to you!
Also Read: How to Fix Lyft App not Working [Guide]
GPS Stuck/ Location not Updating on Tesla App:
Have you ever seen a “ Tesla app not updating location? Don’t Worry! The easy solution to this problem.
- Check that your internet and wifi connections are working.
- Restart the Tesla App
- Restart your Device
- disconnect the supercharger and shut the vehicle down completely with doors closed and foot off the brake
- After 2-3 minutes power up the car and then resume driving.
We hope your GPS was working fine.
How to Fix Tesla login issue or Account issues.
Have you ever seen a “ Sign in Failed” while trying to Sign in to your Tesla app? Don’t Worry! The easy solution to this problem.
- You may be experiencing login/account issues due to the Tesla server being down. After a few minutes, try to log in again.
- There is a problem with your WiFi or mobile data connection. Make sure that your data connection is working.
- Your login credentials might be incorrect. Verify that the information you are entering is accurate.
- You should visit the official website of any third-party social network you are using to log in, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google etc, to determine whether it’s working properly..
- Accounts can be deactivated or banned due to activities. Read error messages carefully.
Tesla app is not Loading or not Working Properly (loading error/server error/connection error)
The load issue in mobile apps can be caused by a few situations.
- This loading problem appears to be caused by a down Tesla app server. After a couple of minutes, please try again.
- There is a problem with your WiFi or mobile data connection. You should check your internet connection.
- The app is being used by too many users simultaneously. Please try again a few minutes later.
How to Fix Tesla app installation issues.
- Check that your internet and wifi connections are working.
- Make sure you have enough space on your mobile device. The app cannot be installed if there is not enough space on your disk.
- Make sure the app you want to install is compatible with your iOS version.
Fix: Tesla app Notifications are not Working
- Check your Tesla notifications by going to Settings->Apps Notifications->Tesla. If it is not enabled, you will need to enable it.
- Make sure you haven’t accidentally muted the app notification sounds if you don’t get notification alert sounds.
How to Fix Tesla App Audio/Video not Loading
- If you experience audio problems, check your phone volume. Try using headphones to determine if the problem is with your speakers or the app.
- A problem with video loading might be caused by slow internet or a weak wifi connection.
How to Fix Tesla App Unknown Error
Have you ever seen an “Unknown error” while trying to connect to your Tesla app and your car never wakes up? I attempted to delete the app and reinstall the app and after I logged in I received this error.
Which freaked me out! You can still drive your car. Your Bluetooth will still work so you don’t have to worry about that. Don’t panic! The easy solution to this problem.
You don’t have to do like me and delete the app nor sign out and sign back in. All you have to do is a hard reboot of your Tesla computer. But all you have to do is hold down both scroll wheels and brake at the same time for about 10 seconds and reboot the computer. Once that is all done all you have to do is go back to your Tesla app and tap the reconnect at the bottom right. And there you go!
Here’s Quick Fix to Tesla App not Connecting in 2022
Our article below contains some fixes for your Tesla application if it is experiencing connectivity issues.
In the past, the Tesla app has misbehaved frequently. Therefore, if your app isn’t connecting or refusing to open, do not worry. Maybe it’s just a cache problem. For help troubleshooting a Vehicle Connection Error in Tesla’s app, you can read this article. While its flaws are many, the Tesla app has a lot of advantages. This app is a one-stop-shop for information and control for your Tesla car, including the ability to unlock or lock your car.
How to fix the Tesla app not connecting?
Please check whether your car allows mobile app access if your app refuses to connect or open. These troubleshooting techniques may help you.
1. Restart the App
It is most common to restart an app to fix crashing issues. You can do so by opening Recents and clearing all apps. You need to restart the Tesla app.
2. Restart the Device
You need to restart your device. All background processes would be stopped when you restart, so if a process were bothering your application, it would stop. The app will now work properly.
3. Clear app Data and Cache
When restarting does not resolve the issue, try clearing out your app data and cache.
For Android User
1. First, Go to the Settings.
2. then, Go to the Apps section and find Tesla’s app.
3. Go to app info, and tap on Clear app data and the Clear cache.
For iOS User
If you are using iPhone, you can offload the app by going to Settings > Storage > Tesla > Offload App. If an in-app process is experiencing problems, clearing app data can help.
4. Restart the Vehicle
Press long and short on both of the steering wheel’s scroll buttons. Restart the car by doing this. Reconnect the app and start it again.
5. Contact the App Support
If the issue persists, please contact the Tesla app support team.
Bugs are common in apps, and we have to deal with them until they are fixed. Server issues can occur from time to time with the apps we use to simplify our lives. If there are any internal issues, we should be patient and troubleshoot them ourselves or wait until they are resolved by the app team.
If this guide was helpful to you, please share it. 🙂