The NBA app is the perfect platform to stay up to date on NBA basketball and stats. It offers live scores, team status, match previews, post-match summaries, and much more. Filter by team or region to find upcoming games and game schedules.
It also allows you to stream archives of the latest stories, news, podcasts, and discoveries. You can even reserve your favorite suites and buy tickets so you can enjoy the game on the big stage. In this article, we will explain how to install the NBA app on your Android TV.
NBA Supported Android TVs
- Hisense Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
NBA Supported Android TV Boxes
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box 4K
- How to Get/Install Discovery Plus App on Firestick
- How to Install and Watch Philo on Roku?
- How to Get Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
How much do the subscription packages for the NBA app cost?
There are two different modular plans available: NBA League Pass and NBA TV; NBA League Pass subscribers will have access to all games live and on-demand throughout the season. But if you want the option to watch the games of multiple teams, you can subscribe to NBA TV.
NBA TV – $6.99/month (or $59.99/year)
- Watch live games in high definition, select shows, documentaries, and NBA Finals series from the early 2000s, including Michael Jordan’s greatest triumphs.
- Support streaming on multiple devices.
Team Pass (for one team) – $119.99/year
- Access to a unique and select team.
- Streaming support in a single device.
NBA League Pass – $28.99/month (or $199.99/year).
- Unlimited access to all events, including classics.
- After 15 minutes, you can watch a compressed full replay.
NBA League Pass Premium – $249.99/year
- You can watch the entire match without ads during timeouts.
- Allows simultaneous streaming on two devices.
Guide to Install NBA on Android TV [Skyworth, Sony, Hisense ETC..]
If you have a Smart TV that works through Android technology, you can install this application with these simple steps:
Step 1: Turn on your Android TV and connect to the Internet.
Step 2: Open the Google Play Store and click on the search bar.
Step 3: Write NBA in the box and search.
Step 4: Select NBA from the list of suggestions and click install.
Step 5: Show the NBA icon on your Android TV
Step 6: Launch NBA, click sign in and follow the instructions to get an activation code.
Step 7: Go to watch.nba.com/devicereg from your smartphone or web browser.
Step 8: Enter the code, select your TV company and click Continue.
Step 9: Once confirmed, you will receive a success notification.
Download NBA on my Samsung Smart TV
How to watch the NBA league pass on Samsung Smart TV? Samsung Smart TVs do not base their technology on the Android system and the NBA app is not available in their store. For this reason, it is not possible to install it, but there is an alternative. You can install the Android system on your Samsung device, here we explain how to do it with these simple steps.
You must first buy an Android box (Android Box) to connect it to your Samsung TV. When you have it, you just have to follow these three simple steps:
- Turn on the Smart TV.
- Connect the Android box to the Smart TV using the HDMI output cable.
- Once the device is connected, a visual image will be displayed and it is ready for use.
Can I use the NBA app on my LG Smart TV?
This app is not available on the LG Content Store, so it cannot be installed directly. Still, you can follow the same steps we described just before to turn your LG TV into an Android TV using an Android Box.