Having problems streaming YouTube TV on your Roku device? The error might be caused by a network issue or a temporary bug. Thus, in this post, we will discuss how to fix the YouTube Tv not working on Roku issue.
What is happening with Roku and YouTube TV?
Additionally, if you’re not aware, the YouTube TV app was removed from the Roku Store last year after a dispute over distribution terms. Despite the dispute between YouTube and Roku now being resolved, we will show you how to access YouTube Tv on your Roku device.
Why is My YouTube TV Not Working on Roku?
Please verify all the reasons mentioned below as to why your YouTube TV isn’t working.
- Server outage: YouTube TV may not be working because of this. You can check the status of the server below. You can check if there’s a problem by following the instructions.
- Poor Network Connectivity: What if our internet connection is slow or faulty? In this case, check your Wi-Fi, router, and modem.
- Outdated App: If your YouTube Tv application is not updated, it can cause this error. Now go to your Roku store and see if YouTube Tv has received a new update.
- Outdated Firmware: The error can also be caused by out-of-date Roku firmware. As long as you keep your device up-to-date, there is little chance of you encountering an issue or error.
Fix – YouTube TV Not Working on Roku Within 2 Minutes
Fix 1: Check Youtube Server
If your YouTube TV is not working on Roku, you should check the status of YouTube servers or play YouTube on another device such as a phone, laptop, or tablet. In case youtube doesn’t work there either, visit downdetector or isitdownrightnow to see if this is a global outage or if you’re the only one experiencing it. There is a time delay between a global outage and YouTube servers coming back online.
Make sure you keep an eye on the social media pages of YouTube and Google to see if they have posted anything related to this.
The troubleshooting methods below can be used if the YouTube TV server is not down.
Fix 2: Check Your Wi-Fi Router/Modem:
It’s possible for your YouTube TV to stop working if your Wi-Fi router isn’t working correctly. Make sure your other devices are connected to the internet if this is the case. Following these steps will help you connect your devices to the internet if they were also having trouble connecting.
- First, unplug the router/modem from the power outlet and turn off the router/modem.
- Once that’s done, wait for 1-2 minutes and plug in the adapter again.
- Open YouTube TV on your Roku after connecting to Wi-Fi.
Fix 3: Reset Network Connection
Nonetheless, your YouTube TV may not be working if you have a connection issue or corrupted network data on your Roku TV. When you reset the network connection, you will clear all the settings, restore them to their defaults, and fix any issues with the connection. Please follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Roku settings.
- click Advanced system settings.
- Choose Network connection reset. This will take a few seconds.
- Finally, try reconnecting your Roku to the internet and see if that fixes the problem.
Fix 4: Update Your Roku Firmware
It’s possible that your Roku device is outdated, so you might experience issues when streaming content on YouTube TV. Navigate to the settings and check if your Roku device has any available updates. Do you want to know how to update Roku TV? Follow these steps to update Roku TV;
- Press the Home button.
- Then, head to the Roku TV settings,
- Go to the System and then select System Update
- After that, choose “Check Now” to see if there’s any available update.
- Select Update if any update is available for your Roku.
- Once the update gets completed, perform a reboot and check to see if this fixes or not.
Fix 5: Reinstall YouTube TV on Your Roku:
There is a possibility that your YouTube TV app is corrupted, which is why it is not working. In order to fix the problem, reinstall YouTube Tv on your Roku TV.
- Highlight the YouTube TV app on the Roku Home Screen.
- On your Roku remote, press the * (asterisk).
- Then choose Remove channel to get rid of YouTube Tv.
- Click Remove to confirm. YouTube TV will now be removed from Roku TV.
- Restart your Roku TV to complete the process.
- Go to Streaming channels by pressing the Home button.
- Select Search Channels and type YouTube TV.
- Next, select “Add channel”, and the YouTube TV channel will be added to your Roku
- Finally, open YouTube Tv and see if the issue is resolved.
Fix 6: Factory Reset your Roku
If nothing works for you, you might have to factory reset your Roku device. A factory reset removes all your personal data, including settings, network connections, Roku data, and menu preferences. You can factory reset Roku if you don’t have any issues regarding any of these.
Following are the steps that will guide you through factory resetting your Roku;
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to the settings.
- Select System, then Advanced system settings.
- Select Factory Reset from the menu. This may take some time.
- After your Roku is reset to factory settings, add a YouTube TV channel and see if that fixes the issue.
Reboot your Roku TV: What do I need to do?
You can reboot your Roku TV using three different methods. This will fix temporary problems. When YouTube TV is not working, many users have reported that they were able to fix the problem by restarting their Roku TV and Roku stick. To fix the issue, follow these instructions:
- First, Go to the Roku TV settings.
- Click on System Restart, then select Restart.
- Grab your Roku TV remote and press the Home Button 5 times > Up arrow button 1 time > Rewind button 1 time > Fast forward button 1 time.
- Now, your Roku Tv will reboot.
Try this to see if it works. If it doesn’t, try hard rebooting the Roku TV.
- Turn off your TV and unplug the Roku from your TV.
- Disconnect the TV’s power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Reconnect the power cable and Roku cable and see if that fixes the problem.
It’s now possible to access YouTube TV even after the Roku Store has removed it. In case you still can’t stream youtube tv on your Roku device, you can contact the Roku team for assistance.