The online video-sharing platform YouTube has revolutionized the way we consume media. In less than a decade, YouTube has become the second largest website in the world, behind only Google. With over one billion active users, YouTube has become a powerful tool for sharing information and connecting with people across the globe.
LG smart TVs are a popular choice for those looking for a high-quality viewing experience. But what happens when YouTube stopped working on your LG smart TV? In this blog post, we’ll explore some potential causes and offer some tips on how to fix the problem.
YouTube Not Working on LG Smart TV
If you’re trying to watch YouTube on your LG Smart TV and it’s not working, don’t worry – you’re not alone. Many LG Smart TV users have been reporting the same problem. The good news is that there are a few things you can try to fix the issue. here we’ll go over some of the most common troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Check Internet Connection
Bad internet connections are one of the leading causes of streaming issues. When your internet is not functioning correctly, YouTube will not function on your LG smart TV. YouTube allows users to check their Internet speed. If you’re getting an error screen and can’t access the settings, click on more details, then you’ll be able to access YouTube settings. The steps below will help you to do that.
- Click on settings.
- Go to the help section.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom and click Check your Network.
- YouTube checks to see if your internet is working properly. When your internet connection isn’t functioning, you’ll need to fix it to be able to access YouTube on your LG smart TV.
Here are some steps to fix your connection:
- Set up your router closer to the LG smart TV.
- For better connectivity and speed, consider using an Ethernet connection. You can check internet speed by visiting speedtest.net.
- Disconnect the router from the power outlet. Turn on your WiFi after waiting for 5-10 minutes. Check whether YouTube is working on your TV by connecting it to the internet.
- In addition, if the problem persists, you must contact your internet provider.
Suggested Post: Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
Solution 2: Check YouTube Server Status
If YouTube not working on LG Smart TV, you should check the status of its servers first. This can be done with tools like Downdetector, a third-party service.
Until YouTube resolves the issue on its end, it is best to wait until the servers are up and running again.
If, however, nothing is wrong with YouTube’s servers, proceed to the following method.
Solution 3: Restart LG Smart TV
Various technical glitches can be resolved by restarting your LG smart TV. It can also help to troubleshoot issues associated with the YouTube App. You can do this by following these steps:
- First, turn off the LG smart TV.
- Disconnect it from the power outlet and hold down the power button on the TV for a few seconds.
- Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- Lastly, plug your LG TV into a wall outlet and turn it on.
Try launching the YouTube App on your LG tv and see if you’re able to watch your favorite show.
Solution 4: YouTube App Not Showing on LG TV
In case your LG smart TV will not install YouTube or if the YouTube app won’t work. It may be helpful to change or correct the location setting in order to resolve the problem. Here are the steps for changing your location settings:
- Go to the LG TV’s settings menu.
- Click on general.
- From the list, select the location option.
- Set the location according to your current location.
- Restart your TV after setting the correct location and launch the LG content store.
- Search for YouTube on your LG smart TV and it will now be available to install.
- You will need to set your location to a country like Australia or the United States to fix the issue after setting the correct location.
- You can then change the location to Australia, the United States, or another country that offers YouTube. On your LG smart TV, you’ll be able to install and use YouTube.
Solution 5: Update YouTube App
Step 1: Go to the LG Content Store and select Apps.
Step 2: Choose All and then click My Apps.
Step 3: Find the YouTube app to Update.
Step 4: Check for available updates and install them.
Solution 6: Reinstall YouTube App
Step 1: Turn on LG Smart TV and check the internet connection.
Step 2: Click on the “LG Content Store” and select Apps.
Step 3: Browse for the “YouTube” app and select the YouTube app.
Step 4: Press the “Up Arrow” and choose the “X” option to remove the app.
Step 5: Go to LG Content Store and select the YouTube app on the Store.
Step 6: Click Install to install the YouTube app on the LG Smart TV and select Launch to open the app.
Step 7: Sign in to your account and choose the video to stream on the smart TV.
Solution 7: Reset LG TV to Factory Settings:
In the event that your YouTube is still not working, you will have no choice but to factory reset your LG television. Fix YouTube issues including not working, won’t install, and stopped on your LG TV by using this method. After a factory reset, you will lose all your custom settings and downloads. Here are the steps to factory reset your LG smart TV.
Step 1: Press the settings button on the TV remote.
Step 2: Scroll down and select All Settings.
Step 3: Go to General and click Reset to Initial Settings.
Step 4: Confirm your decision in the message that appears.
Solution 8: Contact LG TV Support
If you continue to have trouble with your YouTube not Working, please contact LG TV. They can assist with fixing the issue.
We hope this article has helped you resolve the issue with your YouTube not working on LG Smart TV. If you haven’t already, please do share with us what other issues you are experiencing with your LG Smart TV so we can help out as best as possible!